Author Topic: Why Deep State Sabotage Is Way Worse Than Trump’s Atrocious Infidelities  (Read 476 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Why Deep State Sabotage Is Way Worse Than Trump’s Atrocious Infidelities
If the left succeeds in forcing Donald Trump out of office, the damage to our democratic republic cannot be overstated.

By Margot Cleveland   
August 28, 2018

Character counts. But so do the consequences of criminalizing the election of the “wrong” president. That’s what I concluded after noodling over last week’s guilty plea by President Trump’s former attorney, Michael Cohen, and the reignited calls for his impeachment or a forced resignation.

Cohen’s claim that he paid off stripper Stormy Daniels at the behest of Trump rallied the anti-Trump brigade around a new theory for ousting him from the Oval Office: Trump’s purported campaign-finance violations. But the allegation of criminal campaign-finance wrongdoing fails on several levels.

Legal experts disagree on whether the payment would constitute a violation of election law, even if Trump had told Cohen to pay for Daniels’ silence. To reach the level necessary for criminal liability — as opposed to a civil Federal Election Commission fine — Trump would have needed to possess the requisite intent. Given the disagreement among election-law attorneys concerning whether a violation even occurred, a prosecutor would be hard-pressed to prove Trump committed a criminal offense. And then the “high crimes and misdemeanors” hurdle would trip up any impeachment scenario.

more
http://thefederalist.com/2018/08/28/deep-state-sabotage-way-worse-trumps-atrocious-infidelities/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Is anyone looking at how many laws Mueller or associates may have broken? Can they in turn be bankrupted in defending against charges, spurious or not?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Is anyone looking at how many laws Mueller or associates may have broken? Can they in turn be bankrupted in defending against charges, spurious or not?

Espionage laws would be where I would start and work down from there!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

Espionage laws would be where I would start and work down from there!

Fine with me. Given the dossier farce, it shouldn't matter where it starts.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@endicom

Yet more grist for the mill. 

Bruce Ohr: FBI Knew About Bias Before Getting a FISA On Carter Page

https://saraacarter.com/bruce-ohr-fbi-knew-about-bias-before-getting-a-fisa-on-carter-page/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

@endicom

Yet more grist for the mill. 

Bruce Ohr: FBI Knew About Bias Before Getting a FISA On Carter Page

https://saraacarter.com/bruce-ohr-fbi-knew-about-bias-before-getting-a-fisa-on-carter-page/

We're gonna need a bigger mill.