Author Topic: Cables Detail C.I.A. Waterboarding at Secret Prison Run by Gina Haspel  (Read 344 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
NY Times via MSN:
Cables Detail C.I.A. Waterboarding at Secret Prison Run by Gina Haspel
By JULIAN E. BARNES and SCOTT SHANE 2 hrs ago

WASHINGTON — In late November 2002, C.I.A. interrogators at a secret prison in Thailand warned a Qaeda suspect that he had to “suffer the consequences of his deception.”

As interrogators splashed water on the chest of the man, Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, he pleaded that he was trying to recall more information, according to a newly released C.I.A. cable. As he cried, the cable reports, the “water treatment was applied.”

The “water treatment” was bureaucratic jargon for waterboarding, and 11 newly released top-secret cables from the time that Gina Haspel, now the C.I.A. director, oversaw the base provide at times graphic detail on the techniques the agency used to brutally interrogate Qaeda captives. Agency leaders and officers were racing to uncover what they feared were large-scale plots against the United States in the chaotic months and years after the Sept. 11 attacks.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cables-detail-cia-waterboarding-at-secret-prison-run-by-gina-haspel/ar-BBLK39J?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Cables Detail C.I.A. Waterboarding at Secret Prison Run by Gina Haspel
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 03:15:20 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Cables Detail C.I.A. Waterboarding at Secret Prison Run by Gina Haspel
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 08:56:17 pm »
They say this like it's a bad thing....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: