Author Topic: Canada: At least 4 dead in Fredericton after Brookside Drive-area shooting  (Read 438 times)

Offline mountaineer

CBC News · Posted: Aug 10, 2018 8:07 AM AT | Last Updated: a minute ago

At least four people are dead after an early-morning shooting in a residential area of Fredericton.

Police are telling residents to avoid the Brookside Drive area as they "investigate an ongoing incident." They confirmed in a tweet there were four fatalities.

"More information will be available when we can confirm," Fredericton police tweeted.  ...
More at CBC News

Local police tweet:
Fredericton Police  Verified account @CityFredPolice
54m54 minutes ago

Re: Shooting. At this time, we can confirm multiple fatalities. The incident is ongoing. More information will be available when we can. Please continue to avoid the area of Brookside Drive between Main and Ring Road.
Seems to me they need some "common sense" gun control!  :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

This is in the province of New Brunswick in the east, abutting Maine.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
More at CBC News

Local police tweet:Seems to me they need some "common sense" gun control!  :whistle:

@mountaineer

This has to be fake news because we all know there are no guns in Canada,and they are MUCH more evolved than we are.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

Suspect in custody, CBC reports. As this was in a residential area, it's not as likely it was one of those "all a snackbar" type of things.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
So, an ongoing situation.  Okay, previous post says suspect in custody.  I know, Canada is thought to have some "world class" hunting.... so to that extent, there must be gun ownership. This sounds to me, like an automatic weapon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45146056

"Does Canada have a gun problem?" - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44959010   Saw this as a "related" article, to read.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 01:46:24 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused