Author Topic: Russian Media Is Harshly Critical of China’s ‘One Belt, One Road’ Projects in Eurasia  (Read 579 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Russian Media Is Harshly Critical of China’s ‘One Belt, One Road’ Projects in Eurasia
By Frank Fang, Epoch Times

Despite a history of tumultuous relations, China and Russia remain allies, but the strategic partnership between the two world powers has shown signs of strain since the July summit between Russian President Vladimir Putin and U.S. President Donald Trump in Helsinki.

Russian media, which are tightly controlled by the state, publicly criticized China’s social problems in a series of articles published in July, including discussing corruption in China’s state-run railway system. Now, China’s national infrastructure-building initiative “One Belt, One Road” (OBOR, also known as Belt and Road) has come under fire.

In a July 29 opinion article, the Russian daily newspaper Nezavisimaya Gazeta stated that as China has provided more and more loans and investment to Central Asian countries under the OBOR initiative, there have been more local protests, with clear anti-Chinese slogans.

Read more at: https://www.theepochtimes.com/c-china

The Epoch Times is the organ for the Falun Gong, persecuted group in China. Pretty insightful news. I think for a short time, Epoch Times themselves were posting their articles at tos.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 03:45:46 am by TomSea »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
"Chinese projects have also bred corruption in local governments, the article claimed. For example, it explained, Chinese would pay off local officials to help them clear any  tax and accounting-related issues. Furthermore, the local officials have realized that anti-Chinese sentiment itself is a profitable business—the louder the dissent against the Chinese, the more cash Chinese officials would pay them to quiet the dissent."

Where do I apply for MY hush money check?

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com