General Category > Editorial/Opinion/Blogs

Ocasio-Cortez: This 'Medicare for all' plan may be expensive, but think of all the money we'll save

(1/5) > >>

mystery-ak:
Ocasio-Cortez: This 'Medicare for all' plan may be expensive, but think of all the money we'll save in funeral expenses!
by Becket Adams
 | August 09, 2018 11:33 AM

Democratic congressional candidate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has some interesting thoughts about "Medicare for all," the $33 trillion program (conservatively estimated) that she maintains will be affordable. Her core agenda item will provide more Americans with access to healthcare, therefore reducing the problem of funeral expenses, she explained this week during an interview on CNN.

Ocasio-Cortez began by trying to delegitimize a recent Mercatus Center study, which put the price tag of "Medicare for all" at $32 trillion, suggesting the report is really some shadowy attempt by the Koch bogeymen to scare people away from the promised land of universal healthcare. Never mind that it squares with other studies.

“You know, in a Koch brothers-funded study, if any study's going to try to be a little bit slanted it would be one funded by the Koch brothers, it shows that 'Medicare for all' is actually much more – is actually much cheaper than the current system that we pay right now,” she said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/ocasio-cortez-this-medicare-for-all-plan-may-be-expensive-but-think-of-all-the-money-well-save-in-funeral-expenses

Cyber Liberty:
"I know we're losing money per item, but look at how much we're going to save in volume!"

GrouchoTex:
It sounds like the logic my wife uses when she buys something on sale, how much we saved by buying something.

Wingnut:
She'sso dumb, You put her brain on the sharp edge of a razor blade, it would look like a marble rolling down a 4 lane highway

Free Vulcan:
This chick is the poster child of SJW thinking. My facts are the facts, because I say so, all others are an insidious and nefarious bourgeois capitalist pig right wing Koch brothers conspiracies!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version