Author Topic: GOP Rep. Introduces Bill That Would Fine Mexico to Pay for the Wall  (Read 402 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Here we go again.  Trump has $$ to build the wall from various different discretionary funds, or by cutting out a bunch of agencies and research funds that aren't needed.  Sorry, but to me this sounds like nothing more than a political stunt by Biggs to get elected.  Meanwhile ... we have DACA to contend with and Trump pretty much promised amnesty.

GOP Rep. Introduces Bill That Would Fine Mexico to Pay for the Wall

A border state Republican congressman is introducing a bill that would effectively use foreign funds to help pay for President Trump's planned wall on the Mexican border.

Rep. Andy Biggs of Arizona authored House Resolution 6657, which would establish a separate U.S. Treasury account to "hold deposits to be used to secure the southern border of the United States.".....

........Biggs' "Fund and Complete the Border Wall Act" would penalize the governments of countries from which illegal immigrants emigrate........

.....The country would have $2,000 in foreign aid withheld for every illegal immigrant captured by American authorities.

The bill would also tax Western Union transfers wherein the recipient is in a foreign country, with the proceeds going to a border wall fund.

"We must keep our promises to the American people," Biggs said in the statement.

Trump 2020 campaign adviser Harlan Hill praised Biggs' legislation, saying that the Mexican government should "step up to the plate" and help curb illegal immigration to the United States.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/08/08/donald-trump-promise-make-mexico-pay-border-wall-made-gop-reps-bill
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 11:48:16 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: GOP Rep. Introduces Bill That Would Fine Mexico to Pay for the Wall
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 12:38:52 am »
It certainly is better than what is happening now, but 2,000 is way too little.  That number is not even enough to catch, detain and process them.  I said a long time ago we should be billing their governments for all the welfare and education they are getting.  If a pregnant woman comes she gets her child delivered for free at the hospital and it is a US citizen.  We have to stop this

A much better # would be how much it costs the U.S taxpayer for the duration of the time they are here.  Not just mom or dad but the children they bring also.

I think we could all agree that we should end the welfare.  Then illegal immigration would slow to a trickle.  It should be done, and now.

Cutting welfare to illegal aliens would pay for Trump’s wall

By Paul Sperry
March 10, 2018 | 12:21pm

Excerpt:

Absent a wall, the Homeland Security Department forecasts an additional 1.7 million illegal crossings at the US-Mexico border over the next decade.

If a wall stopped just 200,000 of those future crossings, Camarota says, it would pay for itself in fiscal savings from welfare, public education, refundable tax credits and other benefits currently given to low-income, illegal immigrants from Mexico and Central America.

If a wall stopped 50 percent of those expected crossings, he says, it would save American taxpayers a whopping $64 billion — almost four times the wall’s cost — to say nothing of the additional billions in federal savings from reduced federal drug interdiction and border-security enforcement.

Camarota explains that illegal border-crossers from Mexico and Central America — who account for more than 75 percent of the illegal immigrant population in the US — are overwhelmingly poor, uneducated and lack English language and other skills. In fact, the average Latino illegal immigrant has less than a 10th-grade education. That means if they work, they tend to make low wages; and as a result pay relatively little in taxes while using public services. And if they have children while in the US, they more often than not receive welfare benefits on behalf of those US-born children, who have the same welfare eligibility as any other citizen.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/10/cutting-welfare-to-illegal-aliens-would-pay-for-trumps-wall/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 01:14:07 am »
It certainly is better than what is happening now, but 2,000 is way too little.  That number is not even enough to catch, detain and process them.  I said a long time ago we should be billing their governments for all the welfare and education they are getting.  If a pregnant woman comes she gets her child delivered for free at the hospital and it is a US citizen.  We have to stop this

A much better # would be how much it costs the U.S taxpayer for the duration of the time they are here.  Not just mom or dad but the children they bring also.

I think we could all agree that we should end the welfare.  Then illegal immigration would slow to a trickle.  It should be done, and now.

Cutting welfare to illegal aliens would pay for Trump’s wall

By Paul Sperry
March 10, 2018 | 12:21pm

Excerpt:

Absent a wall, the Homeland Security Department forecasts an additional 1.7 million illegal crossings at the US-Mexico border over the next decade.

If a wall stopped just 200,000 of those future crossings, Camarota says, it would pay for itself in fiscal savings from welfare, public education, refundable tax credits and other benefits currently given to low-income, illegal immigrants from Mexico and Central America.

If a wall stopped 50 percent of those expected crossings, he says, it would save American taxpayers a whopping $64 billion — almost four times the wall’s cost — to say nothing of the additional billions in federal savings from reduced federal drug interdiction and border-security enforcement.

Camarota explains that illegal border-crossers from Mexico and Central America — who account for more than 75 percent of the illegal immigrant population in the US — are overwhelmingly poor, uneducated and lack English language and other skills. In fact, the average Latino illegal immigrant has less than a 10th-grade education. That means if they work, they tend to make low wages; and as a result pay relatively little in taxes while using public services. And if they have children while in the US, they more often than not receive welfare benefits on behalf of those US-born children, who have the same welfare eligibility as any other citizen.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/10/cutting-welfare-to-illegal-aliens-would-pay-for-trumps-wall/

Thanks for posting the article.  There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that illegal immigration has a huge negative impact on our economy.  There are many ways to pay for the wall. It's a matter of getting Congress (they hold the purse strings) to do so.  Considering that Republicans have controlled the House  for six years of the Bammy Administration, and they controlled Congress in its entirety for the final two years of Bammy's administration till present, indicates that this is NOT a DEM problem.  The GOP has not delivered for almost a decade!!!

In a nutshell that is why Trump won.  What people fail to realize is he is one person and Congress has to authorize how funds are spent. Trump is so hated because he is so popular and a threat to the country club.  Now, Congressional seats are on the line.  The mid terms are going to be interesting.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 01:20:08 am »
Bookmark.