Author Topic: Scarborough: Ohio election shows GOP becoming a ‘rural party’  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Looks like they found more votes in Ohio: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/08/08/ohio-midterm-uncounted-votes-danny-oconnor-troy-balderson/941603002/

"O'Connor had a net gain of 190 votes"

They probably won't stop finding votes... till they have one more than needed.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 01:47:33 am by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They probably won't stop finding votes... till they have one more than needed.

@The Ghost

Dims packing "spare" ballot boxes is as regular as sunrises.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@The Ghost

Dims packing "spare" ballot boxes is as regular as sunrises.

It is how they roll! 
@sneakypete
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Night Hides Not

Memo to Mika's beyotch: GOP is a suburban and rural party...been that way for years. For example, the large cities in Texas are all controlled by Democrats, but the surrounding suburbs are conservative strongholds. In North Texas, the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth probably total 2 million, but the area is nearing 7 million total population. There just aren't enough Democrats and dead people to make up for that disparity.

The 'burb I live in, Valley Ranch, is a study in itself. When we moved here 20 years ago, whites were 75% of the population. Since then, it's become a favored place for Indians and "South Asians" to live. Latest demographics I saw were 30% white, 35% Indian, 30% black and Hispanic. You'd think that Democrats would make a dent here, but that hasn't happened. Ted Cruz will dominate with 70% of the vote, and our state rep, Matt Rinaldi, was voted the most conservative rep of the Texas state house.

Pollsters shouldn't be surprised...people move here for the schools (Coppell ISD), low crime, and proximity to Dallas, Plano, Las Colinas, and Arlington. Irving, of which Valley Ranch is a part, is one of the most conservative cities in Texas.

A bit O/T, but our schools usually have assemblies every year for Veterans Day, and they teach Texas history during the entire year for 7th grade. Younger kids are taught snippets about Texas as early as first grade. Boy scout troops grow larger each year, and I've seen a total makeover in the demographics of these organizations, to include significant involvement by their parents.

No, it's not perfect here, but we're not likely to turn purple anytime soon. Where the GOP should be worried, it's our disgust for the way our representatives have failed to represent us. Do you hear me, Kenny Marchant? Your time is up, though I expect you to win re-election this term. My dream is for Matt Rinaldi to run against him, and we'd have a true conservative as our congressman.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Memo to Mika's beyotch: GOP is a suburban and rural party...been that way for years. For example, the large cities in Texas are all controlled by Democrats, but the surrounding suburbs are conservative strongholds. In North Texas, the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth probably total 2 million, but the area is nearing 7 million total population. There just aren't enough Democrats and dead people to make up for that disparity.

The 'burb I live in, Valley Ranch, is a study in itself. When we moved here 20 years ago, whites were 75% of the population. Since then, it's become a favored place for Indians and "South Asians" to live. Latest demographics I saw were 30% white, 35% Indian, 30% black and Hispanic. You'd think that Democrats would make a dent here, but that hasn't happened. Ted Cruz will dominate with 70% of the vote, and our state rep, Matt Rinaldi, was voted the most conservative rep of the Texas state house.

Pollsters shouldn't be surprised...people move here for the schools (Coppell ISD), low crime, and proximity to Dallas, Plano, Las Colinas, and Arlington. Irving, of which Valley Ranch is a part, is one of the most conservative cities in Texas.

A bit O/T, but our schools usually have assemblies every year for Veterans Day, and they teach Texas history during the entire year for 7th grade. Younger kids are taught snippets about Texas as early as first grade. Boy scout troops grow larger each year, and I've seen a total makeover in the demographics of these organizations, to include significant involvement by their parents.

No, it's not perfect here, but we're not likely to turn purple anytime soon. Where the GOP should be worried, it's our disgust for the way our representatives have failed to represent us. Do you hear me, Kenny Marchant? Your time is up, though I expect you to win re-election this term. My dream is for Matt Rinaldi to run against him, and we'd have a true conservative as our congressman.

This was also Columbus, both the state capital and home to OSU. Plenty of liberal bureacrats and academics to scrape up to vote in a special. That will skew the results much like it does not north Virginia.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 07:13:09 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.