Author Topic: Paul Manafort's deputy Rick Gates admits he had a mistress, bought her a London apartment, stole mil  (Read 843 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Paul Manafort's deputy Rick Gates admits he had a mistress, bought her a London apartment, stole millions from his boss - and may have embezzled from TRUMP'S inauguration funds

Paul Manafort's long-time deputy testified for second day at his former boss's fraud trial in Alexandria, VA and came under fierce fire from the defense
    Rick Gates admitted he had lied repeatedly about his own conduct to Robert Mueller's special counsel probe before making a plea bargain
    He admitted he had a mistress whom he had bought a London apartment and admitted that he had stolen millions from Manafort himself
    Woman was unnamed but Gates is a married father of four
    He earlier told prosecutors that he said Manafort and he set up a network of offshore shell companies and bank accounts to hide income from the IRS
    The two put millions into the Cyprus accounts and disguised income as loans to cut taxes but the cash dried up when the politician they worked for was toppled
    Cash-strapped Manafort wrote 'WTF' when he saw how much tax he owed and ordered Gates to bring down the bill illegally, Gates testified

By Alana Goodman For Dailymail.com

Published: 12:38 EDT, 7 August 2018 | Updated: 16:53 EDT, 7 August 2018

Paul Manafort's former deputy Rick Gates admitted to using offshore bank accounts to pay for a secret extramarital affair, including providing a London apartment for his mistress and luxury trips through Europe, during Manafort's tax and bank fraud trial on Tuesday afternoon.

Manafort's defense attorneys accused Gates of embezzling money from the former Trump campaign chairman to fund his 'secret life' and overseas mistress during an explosive exchange at the trial on Tuesday.

Gates also told the court he might have stolen money from the Trump inauguration committee while he was a staffer there after the election.

Gates, a 46-year-old married father of four and the government's key witness in the case, appeared to wither under cross examination from Manafort's attorneys, twitching and fumbling with his words when questioned about what the defense described as his 'secret life.'

'I acknowledge I had a period of time when I had another relationship,' admitted Gates. The woman was not named.

He acknowledged that as part of this relationship he purchased a 'flat in London' and flights to Ukraine, using money from foreign accounts that the defense says Gates stole from Manafort.

Gates acknowledged he also paid for 'fancy hotels' and 'trips to Europe' with around $2.5 million the defense claimed he embezzled.

He said he also used money to travel to Las Vegas for an unrelated work meeting with a movie producer, which he admitted could be considered embezzlement.

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6036143/Rick-Gates-says-Paul-Manafort-set-offshore-banking-network.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Gates's testimony is starting to sound like his last rites confession.

Offline Frank Cannon

Stupid Bobby Mueller is going to add another notch in his embaressing record of failures with this. First off his Tree Stooges lackeys running the case are a joke. Secondly Gates is going to open up the fact that Gates is skating for the same shit Manafart is on trial for.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's starting to look like Gates is the biggest mistake of the Prosecution so far.  Some of the legal beagles on TeeVee were predicting this last week, which is why it was a bit of a surprise the Prosecution put him on the stand at all.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Looks like Mueller jumped in a pile of crap and did not come out smelling like a rose.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Looks like Mueller jumped in a pile of crap and did not come out smelling like a rose.

He finally ran up against a Judge who won't put up with his crap.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

It's starting to look like Gates is the biggest mistake of the Prosecution so far.  Some of the legal beagles on TeeVee were predicting this last week, which is why it was a bit of a surprise the Prosecution put him on the stand at all.

It's not a surprise at all. Stupid Bobby bet all his marbles that everyone would just roll over. That ain't panning out and now they are forced to cobble together these joke cases to present to a jury.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
He finally ran up against a Judge who won't put up with his crap.

I like this TS guy.  I thought he was going to be Terribly Sad.  But he is actually Tremendously Savvy.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

The prosecution was talking early during the trial about not bringing Gates to testify.  The judge reminded them that without Gates they do not have a case.

@Cyber Liberty

I like this TS guy.  I thought he was going to be Terribly Sad.  But he is actually Tremendously Savvy.

This federal district court is legendary for being no nonsense and get it done.  It's lovingly referred to as the rocket docket.