Author Topic: Gov. John Kasich to Ohio lawmakers: Send me gun reforms  (Read 426 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Gov. John Kasich to Ohio lawmakers: Send me gun reforms
« on: August 07, 2018, 02:10:25 am »
Looks like ole John wants to make a name for himself before he steps down.  Let's see governor Scott trampled on gun rights in FL and John is making an attempt.  Both of these governors are RINO's...meanwhile the NRA has announced that they are in deep financial trouble.  Little by little the 2A is being whittled away at.

Gov. John Kasich to Ohio lawmakers: Send me gun reforms

Gov. John Kasich wants Ohio lawmakers to pass his gun control proposals. In the meantime, Kasich declined to sign a bill that would allow veterans to skip concealed carry fees.

For the first time in more than seven years, Kasich allowed a bill to take effect without his signature – a subtle protest to GOP lawmakers who aren't moving the governor's package of gun control measures.

That bill, introduced by Green Township Sen. Lou Terhar, would waive concealed carry licenses fees for members of the armed services and honorably discharged veterans. Military experience with firearms would count as an example of competency with guns.

The legislation passed with bipartisan support. Only nine Democrats from the Ohio House and Senate combined voted against the bill. Senate President Larry Obhof, R-Medina, said it was a good bill that would help veterans.

Kasich actually supports it, too, his spokesman Jon Keeling said in a statement. So why not sign it?

"While this legislation has merit and the governor’s support, he believes that the next piece of gun-related legislation that he signs needs to be the package of common sense reforms that has been introduced and which will provide valuable tools to reduce gun violence," Keeling said.

Kasich has expressed frustration that his proposals to address gun-related violence have seen little action. Some ideas include a legal way to remove guns from potentially dangerous individuals -- often called a "red flag" law, a ban on bump stocks, a prohibition on armor-piercing bullets and increased scrutiny for county officials reporting the names of people banned from having guns.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2018/08/03/gov-john-kasich-ohio-lawmakers-send-me-gun-reforms/899708002/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Gov. John Kasich to Ohio lawmakers: Send me gun reforms
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 02:18:56 am »
The mailman's son.  Class ass.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Gov. John Kasich to Ohio lawmakers: Send me gun reforms
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 05:35:29 am »
Feel the burn Kasich.  You are outa luck.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.