Author Topic: The NRA Says It’s in Deep Financial Trouble, May Be ‘Unable to Exist’  (Read 2791 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
yep.  me too.

The NRA is still the largest pro-2A group there is; they fold and we as a country are in trouble.  GOA has around 1.5 million members vs. NRA's 4.5+ million and NAGR also at around 4.5 million.

I am a member of all 3 organizations and believe that they all serve a purpose.  The NRA is still the most recognized and seems to receive the most flack from the anti-gun crowd.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online roamer_1

The NRA is still the largest pro-2A group there is; they fold and we as a country are in trouble.  GOA has around 1.5 million members vs. NRA's 4.5+ million and NAGR also at around 4.5 million.

I am a member of all 3 organizations and believe that they all serve a purpose.  The NRA is still the most recognized and seems to receive the most flack from the anti-gun crowd.

Nope, sorry. I hit 'oh hell no' with the NRA a looong time ago.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Nope, sorry. I hit 'oh hell no' with the NRA a looong time ago.

That's fine, to each his own, but I don't ever recall any leader from GOA or NAGR being interviewed on TV after a school shooting or other catastrophic event that involves a firearm.  The focus seems to always be on the NRA to defend the 2A.

Out of curiosity, do you feel that the NRA serves no purpose?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
That's fine, to each his own, but I don't ever recall any leader from GOA or NAGR being interviewed on TV after a school shooting or other catastrophic event that involves a firearm.  The focus seems to always be on the NRA to defend the 2A.

I can 'see' them now....the video spots presented as public service announcements.

"For just $19 per month....."     9999hair out0000
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

No, I think it serves the Republican purpose... which isn't always a good thing.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
No, I think it serves the Republican purpose... which isn't always a good thing.

That may be, but the fact still remains that they are pro gun, pro 2nd amendment and the left is finding or has found a way to financially destroy them ... definitely not a good thing.  The fact remains that no other pro gun group has been in existence as long nor has any other pro gun group defended the 2nd amendment as they have.  Their relevance and importance goes beyond just membership.  IMHO the 2nd amendment WILL be in jeopardy without them. 

This goes beyond the 2nd amendment (which all other rights hang), this also involves infringement upon the 1st amendment as well:

NRA Says It Faces A Financial Crisis In Lawsuit Against New York State Officials

The National Rifle Association says it could soon face a financial crisis that will force it to shut down some of its operations, including broadcasts by its NRA TV division. The gun rights group blames a campaign by Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo aimed at discouraging insurance companies and other financial institutions from doing business with the NRA.

The organization has filed a lawsuit against Cuomo and the New York State Department of Financial Services in federal court, alleging that Cuomo and state regulators seek to "deprive the NRA and its constituents of their First Amendment rights to speak freely about gun-related issues and defend the Second Amendment."........

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/04/635618126/nra-says-it-faces-a-financial-crisis-in-lawsuit-against-new-york-state-officials
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 10:59:05 am by libertybele »

Online roamer_1

That may be, but the fact still remains that they are pro gun, pro 2nd amendment and the left is finding or has found a way to financially destroy them ... definitely not a good thing.  The fact remains that no other pro gun group has been in existence as long nor has any other pro gun group defended the 2nd amendment as they have.  Their relevance and importance goes beyond just membership.  IMHO the 2nd amendment WILL be in jeopardy without them. 

I don't care.
This is the very same argument used to demand supporting the Republicans - It doesn't matter what they do wrong, because they're all we've got.

Bullcrap. They ain't doing their job. Out they go. Period.

Just exactly like talk radio - I haven't listened to a damn one of them since they ALL got in the sack with Romney. Not only McCain, the scourge of the Conservative Right, but Romney - There isn't a bigger liberal on the supposed 'right'.

I am *ALL done*. WAY past 'oh, hell no!' These sonsabiches operated inside of my trust for half my life.  I gave my money to em, and worse than that, I made it rain for em, every election year. I took time out of my business and used my influence in their favor, and when my babies needed bread on the table, I gave it to them instead.

That trust is *gone* and that don't come back easy.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I don't care.
This is the very same argument used to demand supporting the Republicans - It doesn't matter what they do wrong, because they're all we've got.

Bullcrap. They ain't doing their job. Out they go. Period.

Just exactly like talk radio - I haven't listened to a damn one of them since they ALL got in the sack with Romney. Not only McCain, the scourge of the Conservative Right, but Romney - There isn't a bigger liberal on the supposed 'right'.

I am *ALL done*. WAY past 'oh, hell no!' These sonsabiches operated inside of my trust for half my life.  I gave my money to em, and worse than that, I made it rain for em, every election year. I took time out of my business and used my influence in their favor, and when my babies needed bread on the table, I gave it to them instead.

You made your point very well and certainly you haven't stated anything that I can refute. In fact I agree with you.

I see the situation perhaps in a more dire light as they ARE all we have standing between keeping our guns or losing them; and in essence their folding will likely result in an all out and out battle. If I felt that that GOA and NAGR were just as powerful and effective this issue wouldn't be concerning. Losing the largest pro-gun, pro-2nd amendment group that has been in existence since 1871 WILL have a huge negative impact on our 2nd amendment rights; especially if the GOP loses the house and senate.  Without our 2nd amendment rights we will have NO rights; and that is indisputable and without question. That is reality.

They as an organization may very well deserve to fold, go bankrupt and become extinct.  I don't believe that our 2nd amendment rights deserve to die along with them.

Online roamer_1

I see the situation perhaps in a more dire light as they ARE all we have standing between keeping our guns or losing them;

Yeah, yeah... It's ALWAYS more dire... They turn that OMG knob all the way up.  Screw em. No matter what they do in Washington, it won't change a dang thing up in here, Come and get em. See how that works out.

<Post obligatory 'A Country Boy Can Survive' vid here>

I've been looking at a property up in the sticks... A guy I know has a small acreage over the creek from the rest of his property... He's willing to sell it as a 100 year lease with a buy-out - I will hold deed, but it won't be filed until I want to... Ownership will still operate as a private lease...

Make power out of the creek, dig a well, build a cabin, and leave this whole mess for somebody else. I can dig in there like a tick on a dog, and nobody the wiser.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Yeah, yeah... It's ALWAYS more dire... They turn that OMG knob all the way up.  Screw em. No matter what they do in Washington, it won't change a dang thing up in here, Come and get em. See how that works out.

<Post obligatory 'A Country Boy Can Survive' vid here>

I've been looking at a property up in the sticks... A guy I know has a small acreage over the creek from the rest of his property... He's willing to sell it as a 100 year lease with a buy-out - I will hold deed, but it won't be filed until I want to... Ownership will still operate as a private lease...

Make power out of the creek, dig a well, build a cabin, and leave this whole mess for somebody else. I can dig in there like a tick on a dog, and nobody the wiser.

I am envious as you are very fortunate to have the funds to 'dig in'; the majority of us are going to be sitting ducks.  Lock and load.

Online roamer_1

I am envious as you are very fortunate to have the funds to 'dig in'; the majority of us are going to be sitting ducks.  Lock and load.

Funds? Ain't no funds... This is STICKS. I'll have more dough getting a used tractor and a bandsaw mill than I will have in the property.  :shrug:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Funds? Ain't no funds... This is STICKS. I'll have more dough getting a used tractor and a bandsaw mill than I will have in the property.  :shrug:

So ... through all of this ... why exactly is it that you don't trust the NRA?

Online roamer_1

So ... through all of this ... why exactly is it that you don't trust the NRA?

Several 'strategic' retreats, spanning back to Bush the younger... The latest of which was on bump stocks.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Several 'strategic' retreats, spanning back to Bush the younger... The latest of which was on bump stocks.

...hmm...I'm finding that the retreat on bump stocks was in 2016??

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/10/05/the-nras-game-changing-and-conveniently-spun-statement-against-bump-stocks/?utm_term=.52de06c07da9

Online roamer_1

...hmm...I'm finding that the retreat on bump stocks was in 2016??

Yep... The bump stock debate after the Vegas shootings. They folded up like a cheap lawn chair... and that ain't the first time.

And it is absolutely inane, btw. You can build a bump stock for most semi auto rifles with a rubber band and a popsicle stick.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Yep... The bump stock debate after the Vegas shootings. They folded up like a cheap lawn chair... and that ain't the first time.

And it is absolutely inane, btw. You can build a bump stock for most semi auto rifles with a rubber band and a popsicle stick.

It really is a shame, and the NAGR is also being accused of deceptions and false claims.   :shrug:

Online roamer_1

It really is a shame, and the NAGR is also being accused of deceptions and false claims.   :shrug:

I still support GOA... That is all.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline Formerly Once-Ler