Author Topic: OUCH! CANDACE OWENS Obliterates Hillary Clinton Over Her Defense Of Trump-Basher LeBron James: “Shut  (Read 1785 times)

Offline mountaineer

... So call me crazy, but I assumed LeBron James was funding the entire school in Akron all by himself. This isn’t uncommon, plenty of rich people have founded entire schools and paid for all of their expenses.

So would it surprise you to find out that the city of Akron’s taxpayers are actually paying for 75-80% of the school and its yearly expenses? We’ll get to that in a moment.

But first let’s return to the rapturous in the extreme media coverage of LeBron James. But that exceedingly positive, dare I even say saint-like, media coverage extended into outright hero worship the moment Donald Trump took a shot at LeBron late on Friday night.  ...

In fact, LeBron’s foundation, remember, it’s not LeBron himself, it’s his foundation, which solicits donations from other individuals and companies to do his charitable work, is only on the hook for $500,000 a year for the next several years. (Eventually it could climb to $2 million as the school grows, but that will still be a small part of the overall school cost at that point.)

According to Forbes Magazine last year LeBron made $85.5 million.

Even if we give LeBron credit for all of that yearly money coming out of his own pocket that means LeBron’s committing .0058 of his yearly income on “his school.”

That’s the equivalent of someone making $50,000 a year donating $292 a year to charity.

Put another way, if you make $50,000 a year and put $10 a week in the charity plate at church, you’d be donating $520 a year of your income to “your church.” Which is nearly twice what LeBron will be donating to “his school.”  ...
LeBron James Didn’t Pay For Vast Majority of “His” School or “His” College Scholarships
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org