Author Topic: Meet the Newest Member of the NYT Editorial Board  (Read 3174 times)

Offline endicom

Re: Meet the Newest Member of the NYT Editorial Board
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2018, 11:06:00 pm »

She's a movie reviewer: https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/08/02/old-sarah-jeong-tweet-slamming-benny-johnson-for-his-redemption-sure-didnt-age-well/

sarah jeong
@sarahjeong
 Lots of talented people never "make mistakes" and they still have trouble finding jobs. bleep Benny Johnson's "redemption"

4:18 PM - Sep 6, 2014

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2018, 01:25:30 am »
Seems like this gal would be a better match o'er at the Daily News (for as long as it lasts, which doesn't look like much longer...).

Online roamer_1

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2018, 02:11:44 am »
@Jazzhead

Sure it does. It's called fighting fire with fire. Anything less is called "losing" as you fight with one hand tied behind you while you stamp your little feets.

That ain't 'fighting back'... That's blowing off your mouth. Talking smack ain't never got nothing done.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2018, 02:16:37 am »
I don't usually read the NYT and plan on continuing not to.

Neither do I, but you might be surprised at how many local papers use the Times as a source.

An example would be The Dallas Morning News.  The Dallas Morning News is a large metropolitan newspaper ... BUT I don't think the DMN has any national reporters at all.  They rely totally on AP and the NY Times.  They have a pretty good Metro section, a really good Sports section and a local movie critic or two.

They even run the NYTimes crosswords, which is a good thing.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2018, 01:04:23 pm »
Neither do I, but you might be surprised at how many local papers use the Times as a source.

An example would be The Dallas Morning News.  The Dallas Morning News is a large metropolitan newspaper ... BUT I don't think the DMN has any national reporters at all.  They rely totally on AP and the NY Times.  They have a pretty good Metro section, a really good Sports section and a local movie critic or two.

They even run the NYTimes crosswords, which is a good thing.

With the exception of the Wall Street Journal, which is the last great newspaper in America,  the only reason to read one newspaper over another is the sports section. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2018, 01:17:37 pm »
That ain't 'fighting back'... That's blowing off your mouth. Talking smack ain't never got nothing done.

@roamer_1

Beats the hell out of aiding your most dangerous enemy by climbing up on your hobby horse and pretending you are making a difference.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jpsb

« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2018, 01:58:42 pm »
Bullshit.  If she's a racist, then say so.  You don't cover yourself in glory by revealing your own racism.   Racism is abominable and indefensible.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2018, 10:48:03 pm »
@roamer_1

Beats the hell out of aiding your most dangerous enemy by climbing up on your hobby horse and pretending you are making a difference.

@sneakypete
No, it doesn't. But I am curious, who's doing that?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2018, 11:46:44 pm »
@sneakypete
No, it doesn't. But I am curious, who's doing that?
\

@roamer_1

Are you going to try and deny that the majority of the anti-Trumpers here won't jump aboard any train here that looks like it's going to run over Trump?

AND....,anybody and everybody that refuses to fight back against the left is a freaking surrender monkey,especially those eager to jump about the "racism train".

Online roamer_1

« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2018, 12:24:05 am »
\

@roamer_1

Are you going to try and deny that the majority of the anti-Trumpers here won't jump aboard any train here that looks like it's going to run over Trump?

@sneakypete
Sure I'll deny it. I can't speak for everyone, but I have no interest at all in anything but the truth. And since right facing folks have decided, like the left, that truth is a commodity, a thing to be bought and sold, it is increasingly hard to come by. And that is entirely the fault of the so-called RIGHT, and particularly due to Tump-mania.

I never expected the left to tell the truth. The MSM and the entire political left have been lying through their teeth for decades. But I absolutely REFUSE to happily allow the Right to do the same thing.

In fact, the true Right WOULDN'T do that, by the nature of the principles it is founded upon.

In all things,
VERITAS.

And that should always be the FIRST order of business for boards like this.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2018, 01:42:24 am »
@sneakypete
Sure I'll deny it. I can't speak for everyone, but I have no interest at all in anything but the truth. And since right facing folks have decided, like the left, that truth is a commodity, a thing to be bought and sold, it is increasingly hard to come by. And that is entirely the fault of the so-called RIGHT, and particularly due to Tump-mania.

I never expected the left to tell the truth. The MSM and the entire political left have been lying through their teeth for decades. But I absolutely REFUSE to happily allow the Right to do the same thing.

In fact, the true Right WOULDN'T do that, by the nature of the principles it is founded upon.

In all things,
VERITAS.

And that should always be the FIRST order of business for boards like this.

@roamer_1

HorseHillary! How old are you,9? ANY adult with 2 IQ points to rub together understands the truth about anything political is fluid and subject to viewpoint. The only place in the world where there are absolutes are in mathematics and related fields.

Take illegal immigrants,for example. Some people,mostly people that want to profit from them,see them as something positive. Others see they as criminals who are here illegally sucking up taxpayer money with no desire whatsoever to become Americans. In other words,they are a negative.

Then there is gun control. Some people curse it as un-American,and others are just as such guns are evil and make otherwise harmless people want to harm others.

BOTH sides are convinced that THEY are on the side of the angels.

I have never seen you post anything positive about Trump,so "truth" is just the shield you hide behind. You ain't fooling nobody but yourself.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2018, 01:47:35 am »
I'm just going to throw this out for general consumption.  Not directed at anyone in particular.

Supporting the President when he does the right thing does not require anyone to compromise their principles in any way.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2018, 01:49:13 am »
@roamer_1

The only place in the world where there are absolutes are in mathematics and . and you making the dumbest posts in TBR history.  Congrats

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2018, 01:50:25 am »
@roamer_1

HorseHillary! How old are you,9? ANY adult with 2 IQ points to rub together understands the truth about anything political is fluid and subject to viewpoint. The only place in the world where there are absolutes are in mathematics and related fields.

And it's just that attitude that allows the lie, and the support of lying. Who cares if Tump said the Norks are no longer a threat when it isn't true. Hey, he gets a victory lap and everybody cheers. woohoo. Let's have a military parade.

In the mean time, no one stops to consider that it's total bullshit, and we've got folks right here speaking in messianic tones.

*****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes*****

I have never seen you post anything positive about Trump,so "truth" is just the shield you hide behind. You ain't fooling nobody but yourself.

I gave him credit for the tax cut and for Jerusalem, right off the top of my head. go look it up

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2018, 02:02:45 am »
And it's just that attitude that allows the lie, and the support of lying. Who cares if Tump said the Norks are no longer a threat when it isn't true. Hey, he gets a victory lap and everybody cheers. woohoo. Let's have a military parade.

In the mean time, no one stops to consider that it's total bullshit, and we've got folks right here speaking in messianic tones.

*****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes*****

I gave him credit for the tax cut and for Jerusalem, right off the top of my head. go look it up

Wonder how many times <NOPE> has sad something negative about Trump?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 02:17:23 am by MOD3 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2018, 01:25:16 pm »
I'm just going to throw this out for general consumption.  Not directed at anyone in particular.

Supporting the President when he does the right thing does not require anyone to compromise their principles in any way.

@Bigun

EEEK! EEEK!  EEEK!  EEEK! EEEK!

You do realize that anyone that does that stands a chance of losing their place in the "I am more moral than you!" clique,right?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2018, 01:28:44 pm »
Wonder how many times <NOPE> has sad something negative about Trump?

@catfish1957

I dunno,Bubba. Why don't you go back and count them since you obviously have nothing else to occupy your mind?