Author Topic: Illinois celebrates first official 'Barack Obama Day'  (Read 2302 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Illinois celebrates first official 'Barack Obama Day'
« on: August 04, 2018, 06:50:37 pm »
Robert Gearty
Fox News
August 4, 2018

Illinois government offices remained open Saturday as the home state of former President Barack Obama commemorated his birthday under a new state law.

The bill marking Aug. 4 as “Barack Obama Day” throughout the state was enacted without making the date a full-scale holiday.

More

Offline mountaineer

Re: Illinois celebrates first official 'Barack Obama Day'
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 02:04:58 pm »
The festivities continued:
10 killed, 53 wounded in Chicago weekend shootings
By Jessica D'Onofrio
Updated 1 hr 23 mins ago

CHICAGO (WLS) --  A violent weekend in Chicago left 10 people dead and dozens more wounded, police said.

Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson plans to hold a news conference at 11 a.m. Monday.

However, CPD says it has seen a citywide reduction in shootings by 30 percent this year.  ...
More at ABC7 WLS
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 02:37:07 pm »
The festivities continued:More at ABC7 WLS

I blame all of the liberal government and Obama for fueling crime in Chicago.  They keep having protests against the violence but it will continue.  No jobs for African Americans because there is a huge illegal immigrant population in Chicago.  Obama fueled crime with his rhetoric against law enforcement.  It isn't a easy job to do especially in cities like Chicago where criminals run the streets.  And we can't forget that people without jobs have no ties to community.  Drugs, shootings and gangs.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 02:38:18 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 02:41:06 pm »
Another sign of the changing times.

No Washington or Lincoln birthday, only MLK & Barack Obama rate their own days.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 03:40:45 pm »
Another sign of the changing times.

No Washington or Lincoln birthday, only MLK & Barack Obama rate their own days.

Lincoln and Washington each have their own day as Illinois state holidays.

Source: https://www2.illinois.gov/cms/personnel/employeeresources/pages/stateholidays.aspx
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 03:41:45 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 03:56:42 pm »
It's BHO day! It is incumbent on all the faithful to celebrate the day of Sheikh Imam Hussein Obama.
And in his holy name, Bismillah!, we should all go out and shoot ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 04:03:13 pm »
Lincoln and Washington each have their own day as Illinois state holidays.

Source: https://www2.illinois.gov/cms/personnel/employeeresources/pages/stateholidays.aspx

That explains why I've never heard of them.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 04:09:03 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 05:57:43 pm »
The festivities continued:More at ABC7 WLS
I like their thinking. They have a truly horrendous year with record setting homicides, and because they're simply  a little less horrible the following year, they think they've achieved something great.  22222frying pan
Your favorite sports team set an all time record for worst losses in a season. The next season they're not quite as bad, but still awful, and some fans think they're a lot better instead of simply a little less horrible.
Chicago is still horrible.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 07:45:02 pm »
I blame all of the liberal government and Obama for fueling crime in Chicago.  They keep having protests against the violence but it will continue.  No jobs for African Americans because there is a huge illegal immigrant population in Chicago.  Obama fueled crime with his rhetoric against law enforcement.  It isn't a easy job to do especially in cities like Chicago where criminals run the streets.  And we can't forget that people without jobs have no ties to community.  Drugs, shootings and gangs.

The gang element in Chicago does not care about jobs.  They prefer hanging out on stoops and shooting each other.

Trump has offered to send the National Guard in to help with law enforcement there (not sure that is constitutional) but anyway, the mayor and governor rejected federal help.

I'm not sure how much support the Chicago PD is getting from above, either.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online libertybele

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 07:59:03 pm »
The gang element in Chicago does not care about jobs.  They prefer hanging out on stoops and shooting each other.

Trump has offered to send the National Guard in to help with law enforcement there (not sure that is constitutional) but anyway, the mayor and governor rejected federal help.

If indeed the mayor and governor have rejected help, then,  let Chicago burn itself to the ground.  I'm trying to decide which one is the bigger cesspool of the U.S.A.; Chicago or San Fran?  Both are the results of liberal ideology that clearly hasn't worked and the rest of the country should shake off their stupidity and take note.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 08:24:27 pm »
Dem party corruption is high on the list of problems.

"Records since the beginning of the 20th century. The city's overall crime rate, especially the violent crime rate, is higher than the US average. Chicago was responsible for nearly half of 2016's increase in homicides in the US, though the nation's crime rates remain near historic lows.[5][6][7] The reasons for the higher numbers in Chicago remain unclear. An article in The Atlantic detailed how researchers and analysts had come to no real consensus on the cause for the violence.[8] "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Chicago#Chicago_street_gangs
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 08:27:31 pm »
If indeed the mayor and governor have rejected help, then,  let Chicago burn itself to the ground.  I'm trying to decide which one is the bigger cesspool of the U.S.A.; Chicago or San Fran?  Both are the results of liberal ideology that clearly hasn't worked and the rest of the country should shake off their stupidity and take note.
I agree. Trump should ignore these hellholes unless and until their mayors or the state governors formally request help through proper channels. Otherwise, let them sink into their own pits of excrement.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2018, 09:14:19 pm »
I remember his was once solved by our first AA Potus, WJ  Clinton.

Midnight basketball.

But alas, no dat dint work, either.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline endicom

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2018, 09:30:32 pm »
I remember his was once solved by our first AA Potus, WJ  Clinton.

Midnight basketball.

But alas, no dat dint work, either.

Before that, I saw him addressing the press or congress or something and he was singing the right tune. Referring to the baby bust that followed the boom, he said we had an opportunity to do something about crime. That fell on deaf ears and he looked like he knew it would.

What was meant was that most crime is committed by the young so the baby bust gave us a breather in which to do something substantial. This is conjecture on my part but I think he would have done something right if that had been in the cards.

And that may be the last time I say anything good about B. J. Clinton.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2018, 11:12:27 pm »

He can't order them to go eat lunch without the permission of the Illinois governor.

Granted,it is in the realm of a guarantee that any president that wants to federalize a NG unit only has to ask,but I would personally see a Governor tell a President "HELL NO!" just once.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Silver Pines

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2018, 11:22:31 pm »
What's not to celebrate?

Offline mrclose

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2018, 12:06:58 am »
Dem party corruption is high on the list of problems.

"Records since the beginning of the 20th century. The city's overall crime rate, especially the violent crime rate, is higher than the US average. Chicago was responsible for nearly half of 2016's increase in homicides in the US, though the nation's crime rates remain near historic lows.[5][6][7] The reasons for the higher numbers in Chicago remain unclear. An article in The Atlantic detailed how researchers and analysts had come to no real consensus on the cause for the violence.[8] "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Chicago#Chicago_street_gangs

The guy in the KKK suit is an African American.
(Sixx King)

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/tag/sixx-king/

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/02/06/african-american-dressed-in-kkk-hood-on-street-corner-sparks-controversy-in-philadelphia/
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2018, 03:32:00 am »

I am not going to argue with you Emjay.  Plenty has been written on this.  Gang bangers didn't pop out of momma's womb drug dealers and gang bangers.  It is liberal governing that feeds the poverty that leads to violence.  African Americans have very low graduation rate.  Therefore they are low wage earners that compete for the same jobs illegals do.  Bad schools.  No hope.  But there is a way to make money and it is the illegal gang way.

I was going to post an article but why waste my time.  Rham Emanuel and his free college for undocumented students.  Chicago key cards...........

if you are interested there is plenty of articles about how African Americans have to compete for jobs.  And sadly to say Emjay I would have thought you would know President Trump has said the same.

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4AURU_enUS517US518&q=African+Americans+compete+with+illegal+immigrants+Chicago
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2018, 03:34:53 am »
What's not to celebrate?

@CatherineofAragon

Obomber got that "funky chicken dance" down pat,doesn't he? I'b betting he learned that in the Chicago bath houses.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2018, 03:37:12 am »

The guy in the KKK suit is an African American.
(Sixx King)

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/tag/sixx-king/

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/02/06/african-american-dressed-in-kkk-hood-on-street-corner-sparks-controversy-in-philadelphia/

@mrclose

I don't care who he is,I hope he's not dressed as a Kluxxer in Chicago.

This seems to be an instance where the truth REALLY hurts,doesn't it?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2018, 06:31:00 am »

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1026447742409814016
Rudy Giuliani @RudyGiuliani

63 murders this weekend in Rahm Emmanuel’s Chicago. His legacy more murders in his city than ever before. It’s only because of Democrat brain washing that he has even a chance of remaining. Support police professional Garry McCarthy.
7:39 AM - Aug 6, 2018
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/politics/ct-chicago-city-council-meeting-met-1102-20161101-story.html
Emanuel won't return $50,000 Trump contribution

Mayor Rahm Emanuel's campaign Tuesday said the mayor won't return a $50,000 campaign contribution from Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.

I didn't give money to Rahm.  Did any of you conservatives give Rahm money?  Because if you did, you bought last weekend in Chicago.  President Trump bought $50,000 of last weekend in Chicago.  That's how the game is played in NY.  You gotta grease the palms of Chicago politicians.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 07:06:43 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2018, 11:16:34 am »
[I didn't give money to Rahm.  Did any of you conservatives give Rahm money?  Because if you did, you bought last weekend in Chicago.  President Trump bought $50,000 of last weekend in Chicago.  That's how the game is played in NY.  You gotta grease the palms of Chicago politicians.

The only thing that makes your drivel palatable @Once-Ler is each post shows how obsessive your hate has become --- you're now fuming 24 hours a day.    88devil

Offline LMAO

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2018, 12:29:30 pm »

I didn't give money to Rahm.  Did any of you conservatives give Rahm money?  Because if you did, you bought last weekend in Chicago.  President Trump bought $50,000 of last weekend in Chicago.  That's how the game is played in NY.  You gotta grease the palms of Chicago politicians.

What number dimensional chess was he playing with that contribution?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online corbe

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2018, 01:30:01 pm »
   The 50K was for 'Protection'.  He does have a Tower in Chicago and it too probably doesn't have a sprinkler system, so highly vulnerable.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.