Author Topic: Judge Ellis Loses His Patience – Shouts at Mueller’s Prosecutors – Then Ends Court Early  (Read 1102 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Judge Ellis Loses His Patience – Shouts at Mueller’s Prosecutors – Then Ends Court Early
Cristina Laila by Cristina Laila August 3, 2018

Judge T.S. Ellis lost his patience with Mueller’s prosecutors Thursday afternoon and ended court early after the govt lawyers made the same mistake twice.

It’s amateur hour with Mueller’s lawyers!

The Judge even gave Mueller’s lawyers a good finger-wagging as he shouted at them–this is so good!

Via Law and Crime:

The last witness called to the stand was J. Philip Ayliff, a certified public accountant (CPA) at Paul Manafort’s long-serving tax-preparation agency, Kositzka, Wicks and Co. (KWC), of Richmond, Virginia. As time inched along during the last witness’s testimony, nothing of particular interest seemed to be occurring at all.

Ayliff was mostly providing foundational testimony regarding the basic functions of a tax-preparation company. Prosecutors then moved on to specifics and attempted to “publish” one of Manafort’s e-file forms. Judge T.S. Ellis III‘s weariness all but amazed the courtroom as he denied the request–complete with an actual and pronounced finger-wag–before shouting:
    “No! You move it along!”

Composing themselves again, the prosecution moved slowly forward before asking Ayliff to define the term “financial interest.” Ayliff began to answer the question but was immediately cut off by Ellis who noted that Ayliff was not a noticed expert. The defense then belatedly objected, prompting a quick and sarcastic dressing-down from the judge–but it was again the prosecution’s turn for scorn.

Static filled the courtroom as the longest bench conference of the day ensued. Upon returning to Ayliff’s testimony, the jury learned that the issue had been deferred until Friday–if ever. Then, Assistant U.S. Attorney Uzo Asonye asked about another term of art contained on federal tax forms.

Judge Ellis, who was already standing by this point, advised Ayliff to wait and announced the court would recess early.

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/08/judge-ellis-loses-his-patience-shouts-at-muellers-prosecutors-then-ends-court-early/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=idealmedia&utm_campaign=thegatewaypundit.com&utm_term=68707&utm_content=1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The connection between 2005 tax returns with 2016 collusion is?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

It is not about tax returns or collusion. Mueller is trying to squeeze Manafort to testify to something/anything about President Trump. But even if Manafort turns, he has nothing to say anyway.

Most of the talking heads I have seen commenting on this, say that Mueller wants Manafort to come up with something/anything about Trump, even if he has to make it up. Mueller doesn't care.

I hope Rosenstein and Sessions(wherever he is...?) are proud of themselves for ruining this man's life for absolutely nothing and no reason. That is how fanatical the Left is. Since they can't get to Trump, they will settle for any warm body to serve as Trump's proxy. The whole thing is like a scene from the old U.S.S.R.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:13:36 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline darroll

I also think Mueller is trying to make President Trump fire him.
Then he can save face by yelling and screaming, See Trump is hiding the truth.
That poor Russian with a Trump yard sigh, hope they rescue him.

Offline skeeter

I hafta wonder about Manafort's defense team when the judge is making objections to the prosecution's presentation on their behalf.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I hafta wonder about Manafort's defense team when the judge is making objections to the prosecution's presentation on their behalf.

No kidding!  Hopefully they're quick learners.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@truth_seeker

Probably to create enough mind-numbing boredom to get the jury to agree to anything,just to get away from it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

@truth_seeker

Probably to create enough mind-numbing boredom to get the jury to agree to anything,just to get away from it.

Hopefully one or more jurors will be pissed enough to acquit.

Offline RetBobbyMI

It is not about tax returns or collusion. Mueller is trying to squeeze Manafort to testify to something/anything about President Trump. But even if Manafort turns, he has nothing to say anyway.

Most of the talking heads I have seen commenting on this, say that Mueller wants Manafort to come up with something/anything about Trump, even if he has to make it up. Mueller doesn't care.

I hope Rosenstein and Sessions(wherever he is...?) are proud of themselves for ruining this man's life for absolutely nothing and no reason. That is how fanatical the Left is. Since they can't get to Trump, they will settle for any warm body to serve as Trump's proxy. The whole thing is like a scene from the old U.S.S.R.
Is there anyone that think Rodentstein gives a flyin’ Flip?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

More than likely, his relationship with Deripaska.  Incidentally, you won’t find the word ‘collusion’ in Rosenstein’s letter appointing Mueller.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline truth_seeker

More than likely, his relationship with Deripaska.  Incidentally, you won’t find the word ‘collusion’ in Rosenstein’s letter appointing Mueller.

The connection between 2005 tax returns with  the2016 election collusion is?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Manafort’s relationship to Kilimnik and Deripaska.  His Urkranian/Russian money train was gone, so he was shopping campaign information to Kremlin connected figures.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

Because none of these losers thought they would ever see a court room. They thought everyone would just roll over and rat out the next guy.

I am embarrassed to know such genuinely stupid people like Robert Mueller populate my country.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I am embarrassed to know such genuinely stupid people like Robert Mueller populate my country.

@Frank Cannon

If it weren't for goobermint jobs they would be eating at soup kitchens instead of snob restaurants in DC and NYC.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 12:56:21 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!