Author Topic: Family reveals that man tragically shot by Aurora police during attack was a decorated Vietnam vet  (Read 447 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Usually the poster excerpts some of the article.

Black, a decorated Vietnam War veteran, woke up to the sound of his front door crashing in and saw a naked intruder attack his grandson, so he acted to protect his loved ones, according to his family’s lawyer.

As the man tried to choke and drown the boy in the bathroom, Richard Black and his son desperately tried to pull him off early Monday, even poking him in the eyes, before the 73-year-old grabbed his 9mm handgun and shot the intruder twice in the chest, lawyer Siddhartha H. Rathod said.

Soon after, police responding to 911 calls shot and killed Black in his house outside Denver.

It’s the fourth police shooting in the city of Aurora in about a month. Police say the officer who killed Black also was involved in another fatal shooting on June 27 that is still being investigated.

Black’s wife, Jeanette, had called authorities from outside the house, describing her husband and son, who are white, and the intruder, who was black, Rathod said.

“Mr. Black did everything right. His actions saved his grandson’s life. He should be in the mayor’s office getting a commendation for his heroism. Instead he’s in the morgue,” the attorney said Tuesday.

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
Thanks for the excerpt...am off to examine the TBR "excerpt policy"...is there a "no post" site list?

The "sorta standard" "scraping"/excerpting policy around the Web:
- Excerpt must contain a link.
- Excerpt must use less than 50% of the original content.
- Excerpt must also use less than 100 words.

UPDATE: This is all I found so far: "Topic: Reminder- Excerpting Articles"  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,208453.0.html

@Elderberry

« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 02:11:22 am by Drago »

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
@Drago

That's about it for excerpting.  I haven't come across a No Post List.

And there was this posting, mostly about duplicates, but also about general posting stuff.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,113557.0.html

Duplicate Threads
« on: September 17, 2013, 12:21:49 PM »

Hey everybody....I am seeing a lot of duplicate threads...please use correct titles and use the Search feature to check and see if they have already been posted.

I also appreciate a link to these articles along with date, author etc...

btw...thanks for posting articles...I can't get them all!...lol

Thanks
Nancy
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 12:24:42 PM by mystery-ak »