Author Topic: New fear: Democrats could win Senate  (Read 4140 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: New fear: Democrats could win Senate
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2018, 02:52:45 pm »
Cruz is a holier-than-thou type, and he tends to attract holier-than-thou supporters.   I claim no expertise on the Texas electorate, but I've always felt he'd be better suited for the Supreme Court than an elected position where he'd from time to time have to face voters.

No, you're dead wrong.  But, that's fine since you can't vote in Texas.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2018, 02:54:49 pm »
Not necessarily true....they go to Austin.  Keep Austin Weird...you know...lol.

True.  The stench from them is barely palatable in  Austin, Round Rock, Georgetown.  They have even been spotted fouling the Hill Country. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2018, 03:00:03 pm »
True.  The stench from them is barely palatable in  Austin, Round Rock, Georgetown.  They have even been spotted fouling the Hill Country.

My brother commutes from Georgetown to Austin daily.  Georgetown being super conservative and Austin being....well....Austin.  Over the years I've noticed how he's started leaning left.  Sad how that city affects you.

We are off to Schlitterbahn this weekend.  Here's hoping all the Austin weirdos stay home.  :laugh:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2018, 03:18:00 pm »
Not necessarily true....they go to Austin.  Keep Austin Weird...you know...lol.
@mrpotatohead

Since the beginning of our government in Austin, it has historically been home to Democrats.  Democrat people settled there since they were the government workers for so many years. Their descendants still live there.  The state became Republican for sure when Bush became governor.  When electronic companies came to Austin and Round Rock, is when more Democrats moved there, the techies came to those two areas.  The reasons above is why it stays liberal.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2018, 03:18:09 pm »
No, you're dead wrong.  But, that's fine since you can't vote in Texas.

And if I were a Texas voter, I'd vote for him.   The race is for U.S. Senate, not Mr. Congeniality.   His off-putting personality wouldn't influence my vote, but I suspect there are many who resist the man for reasons wholly apart from his conservatism. 

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline jpsb

« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2018, 03:32:32 pm »
@jpsb
@CatherineofAragon

That doesn't happen in Texas.  After the Florida mess when the Bush race went to the supreme court, the federal govn. wrote new election laws.  One of those was making every Secretary of State in every state to be the holder of the voter list.  Due to that, it works like this in Texas:  If a person goes to their county to register to vote, the county sends the name to our Secretary of State, Elections Division.  The name is run through numerous state checks - death records, passport list, birth record, criminal record, car license, validation of the address.  If the person is valid, the county is contacted to put the name on the county voter list.  If the person is invalid, the county is contacted not to add the name on their list.

I did not know that thanks for the info. I still want voter ID passed by Congress.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2018, 03:35:42 pm »
@To-Whose-Benefit?

Actually, liberals do not come here to Texas.  Conservatives who live in California DO come here, but the liberals hate this state. If liberals want to leave California, they go north rather than here.

The head of the family might be conservative but they bring their liberal wife and liberal adult children
with them. Harris county used to be reliably red now it is deep blue.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2018, 03:39:51 pm »
@libertybele

In the past few days, Cruz has asked Trump to come to Texas to support him.

Good, while I have some problems with Cruz I take him over any democrat any day. I hope Trump
helps him out. IMHO Trump is still popular in Texas.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2018, 03:48:20 pm »
@To-Whose-Benefit?

Actually, liberals do not come here to Texas.  Conservatives who live in California DO come here, but the liberals hate this state. If liberals want to leave California, they go north rather than here.

@Victoria33

Really? Are we to believe you have never heard of the Bush Crime Family,and their goombas,the Clintons?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!