Author Topic: New fear: Democrats could win Senate  (Read 4145 times)

Offline jpsb

Re: New fear: Democrats could win Senate
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2018, 02:18:12 pm »
@jpsb

I don't know what to believe about Cruz's seat.  One minute there's a poll which puts him comfortably ahead, the next, one comes out that shows a very close race.

I'm pretty  sure Ted will win, but the GOP has got to give the base a reason to vote. Build the Wall!

Offline jpsb

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2018, 02:20:10 pm »
@mrpotatohead

I'm surprised so many people in Texas are enthused about Beto.  It's going to be a long slog until November.

We have a lot of refugees from liberal Cali here, and of course millions of illegals many of whom vote.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2018, 02:21:31 pm »
@jpsb

If the Dims and the alleged Republicans join together to do this,HOW will it be Trumps fault?

Seems to ME that if anything,such a unholy alliance would only bring out more voters for Trump.

For Trump? Yes in 2020. For the GOP in the 2018 mid-terms? No.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 02:22:03 pm by jpsb »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2018, 02:25:29 pm »
I'm pretty  sure Ted will win, but the GOP has got to give the base a reason to vote. Build the Wall!

Let Ted give the base his record in the Senate as a reason to vote.  This should be enough. 

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2018, 02:29:25 pm »
GOP should pick up 4. It is just as likely that they will pick up 10 as they will lose 2.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2018, 02:34:12 pm »
For Trump? Yes in 2020. For the GOP in the 2018 mid-terms? No.

@jpsb

I apologize for misunderstanding this was a discussion about 2018,and not one of the regularly-scheduled  Trump 2020 attacks.

I stand corrected.

Thank you.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2018, 02:54:14 pm »
Like clock work.  A new day and a "new fear" story from the blathers in the msm.

Fear is good.  Fear motivates people to vote.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2018, 03:50:28 pm »
Fear is good.  Fear motivates people to vote.

@Jazzhead

And it sells advertising.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2018, 04:00:34 pm »
If we lose the Senate and/or the House, it will be the consequences of doing nothing and the GOP staying home just like they did in '06.

Don't let the Rat BS fool you - the GOP is in command of their own destiny, if they can get their base to turn out.
The Republic is lost.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2018, 04:14:08 pm »
If we lose the Senate and/or the House, it will be the consequences of doing nothing and the GOP staying home just like they did in '06.

Don't let the Rat BS fool you - the GOP is in command of their own destiny, if they can get their base to turn out.

The real battle for the mid-terms will happen this Sept/Oct. Congress will either fund border
security (The Wall) or it won't. If the GOP house funds border security the GOP will keep the
House. If the GOP Senate tries to pass border security we will keep the Senate. However if they
do nothing we will lose the House and very likely the Senate too.

Paul RINO and Mitch RINO have both said maybe next year on border security. Border security is
the number one issue for the American people and the RINOs in Congress do not want to do any
thing about our border with the failed narco terrorist state to our south. Gangs, drugs, sex
offender and human trafficers don't matter to them. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2018, 04:19:56 pm »
The real battle for the mid-terms will happen this Sept/Oct. Congress will either fund border
security (The Wall) or it won't. If the GOP house funds border security the GOP will keep the
House. If the GOP Senate tries to pass border security we will keep the Senate. However if they
do nothing we will lose the House and very likely the Senate too.

@jpsb

Oh,it's much worse than that. We will lose America.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2018, 04:21:03 pm »
You get to pull the President into Cruz's campaign --- for good or bad -- only if Cruz asks for the President to campaign with and for him.

If he doesn't and Ted's in jeopardy, it's Ted's responsibility, solely.

Interestingly, Trump seems to insert himself into campaigns when they haven't asked him to join.  All, I'm saying is by the polls Ted is in trouble.  TX goes and it will set the tone of the election for the rest of the country.

Trump already stated that he would destroy Ted if he didn't play his game.  IMHO, TX is not a 'game' that we can afford to play with.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2018, 04:22:05 pm »
@jpsb

Exactly.  People tend to conveniently forget that.   :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2018, 04:23:29 pm »
@jpsb

I don't think so, Trump will win in 2020 and we'll take back the House and the Senate then. But all
progress made will be undone. And Trump will be impeached but not convicted.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2018, 04:24:53 pm »
@jpsb

I don't think people realize that the Rats and their nutroots followers feel they were entitled to power with Hillary. If they actually get back power, they are going to ensure they keep it this time with whatever they have to do.
The Republic is lost.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2018, 04:26:38 pm »

^^^^THIS!

Will add that if there truly is this new 'fear' that Democrats could win Senate, my reaction is - what difference does it make if they do?  To me - there's not a cent of a tinker's damn worth of difference between 'em.  They both serve as an oligarchy to the Beast.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2018, 04:30:10 pm »

Meh.  That scare tactic has been used with increasing vehemence since Dole ran in every single national election cycle.

We lost America when the people discarded foundational principles and decided to vote themselves largesse from the public treasury at the urging of politicians seeking to rule us for life.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2018, 04:34:24 pm »
I don't think people realize that the Rats and their nutroots followers feel they were entitled to power with Hillary. If they actually get back power, they are going to ensure they keep it this time with whatever they have to do.

@Free Vulcan

I agree. In THEIR evil minds,they thought they OWNED the presidency,and that Bubbette! would be next,probably followed by Little Brown Bush.

That is what is at the root of all their anger at Trump. He came in and spoiled it for them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2018, 04:35:58 pm »
Meh.  That scare tactic has been used with increasing vehemence since Dole ran in every single national election cycle.

We lost America when the people discarded foundational principles and decided to vote themselves largesse from the public treasury at the urging of politicians seeking to rule us for life.

@INVAR

In other words,when Bob Dolt started being taken seriously.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2018, 04:43:46 pm »
A lot of people don't realize that the $$ has to come from the House and approved in the Senate.  I don't hold much stock in polls, but the polls indicate that Ted is in deep doo doo and so is TX.  We shall see.

Ya think?  I think Ted Cruz will win without breaking a sweat.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2018, 05:04:21 pm »
@INVAR

In other words,when Bob Dolt started being taken seriously.

Dole and after is when I began to hear and read 'this election is the most important of our lifetimes - we will lose America if we lose this election' and similes assorted since that time. 

It no longer has any teeth to motivate me to hold my nose and cast a vote to block the other slime ball.  I suspect it has lost it's fizz with a whole lot more.

Silver Pines

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2018, 05:07:40 pm »

@jpsb

Agreed, or it’s just more of the same old lies.

Silver Pines

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2018, 05:08:56 pm »
We have a lot of refugees from liberal Cali here, and of course millions of illegals many of whom vote.

@jpsb

When Texas goes blue someday, it’s all over...

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2018, 05:10:24 pm »
A lot of people don't realize that the $$ has to come from the House and approved in the Senate.  I don't hold much stock in polls, but the polls indicate that Ted is in deep doo doo and so is TX.  We shall see.

And a lot of people think the Constitution states that all spending bills must originate in the House, even though it doesn't.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2018, 05:15:15 pm »
@jpsb

When Texas goes blue someday, it’s all over...

If the damn GOP Congress would just try to keep their campaign promises they would be fine. We
need voter ID here. If we get voter ID we will be red for a long time.