Author Topic: Acosta Fact-Checks Trump Supporters Chanting 'CNN Sucks,' 'Fake News': 'All Of Those Things Are Fals  (Read 1403 times)

rangerrebew

Acosta Fact-Checks Trump Supporters Chanting 'CNN Sucks,' 'Fake News': 'All Of Those Things Are False'
Chris Menahan

Aug. 01, 2018

The absolute state of CNN.

From the Free Beacon:

CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta responded to supporters of President Donald Trump by saying all of the things that they were chanting against his network on Tuesday were "false."

Acosta checked in with CNN host Wolf Blitzer to report on the environment of the Trump supporters at the upcoming rally in Tampa Bay, Florida on Tuesday evening. They chanted things like "CNN sucks" and "fake news."

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=58816

Offline Applewood

Jim should get with the program.   In Trumpville, any reporting adverse to Trump is fake news.  Any reporting that fawns over Trump is real news. 

Offline Frank Cannon

Jim should get with the program.   In Trumpville, any reporting adverse to Trump is fake news.  Any reporting that fawns over Trump is real news.

Jim is one of your people then? Not a surprise.

Offline Millee

If CNN went off the air only people stranded in airports would notice.   :whistle:

Offline LMAO

@Applewood

There is an element of truth to your post

However, how do you “fact check” something that is subjective anyways?  How does one “fact check” statements like “CNN sucks?”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

If CNN went off the air only people stranded in airports would notice.   :whistle:

Or in gyms were you’re not allowed to change the channel without permission
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Applewood

Jim is one of your people then? Not a surprise.

I don't have any people, Frank. 

Offline Applewood

@Applewood

There is an element of truth to your post

However, how do you “fact check” something that is subjective anyways?  How does one “fact check” statements like “CNN sucks?”

And who fact checks the fact checkers? 

I really hate what passes for journalism these days.  We don't get facts anymore.  We get bias and opinions posing as facts.

Trump supporters love rump-kissing outlets like Breitbart and Fox. Who fact checks those sites?  IMHO, they disseminate just as much, if not more, fake news as CNN, et al.

Offline Frank Cannon

I don't have any people, Frank.

That's odd. Then why would you want to circle the wagons around a proven liar and all around radical Marxist?

You a big Sam Donaldson fan?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Or in gyms were you’re not allowed to change the channel without permission

It's on at my cardiologist's office, too.

I teased them that if I get a heart attack in the waiting room, I'm suing them.

In 2016, they 'laughed'.

In 2018....who knows WTF somebody might do?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Applewood

It's on at my cardiologist's office, too.

I teased them that if I get a heart attack in the waiting room, I'm suing them.

In 2016, they 'laughed'.

In 2018....who knows WTF somebody might do?

My former cardiologist (now retired) used to have CNN.  Someone complained.  So he switched to soap operas and Maury -- which were worse. 

About a year before he retired, he switched to some continuous advertising for the cardiology department of the hospital where he practiced.  Bored me to tears, but wouldn't give me a heart attack.

Offline mountaineer

My former cardiologist (now retired) used to have CNN.  Someone complained.  So he switched to soap operas and Maury -- which were worse.  About a year before he retired, he switched to some continuous advertising for the cardiology department of the hospital where he practiced.  Bored me to tears, but wouldn't give me a heart attack.
The best doctors' offices are the ones where the TV is tuned to HG network. Even multiple episodes of Fixer Upper are more tolerable than CNN or Maury.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline thackney

My former cardiologist (now retired) used to have CNN.  Someone complained.  So he switched to soap operas and Maury -- which were worse. 

About a year before he retired, he switched to some continuous advertising for the cardiology department of the hospital where he practiced.  Bored me to tears, but wouldn't give me a heart attack.

My local tire shop keeps the Science Channel on.  Manager says some find it boring but rarely does he get any heated complaints like he did when it was news, CNN or FOX, someone was going to complain.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Applewood

That's odd. Then why would you want to circle the wagons around a proven liar and all around radical Marxist?

You a big Sam Donaldson fan?

And why do Trump fans circle their wagons around a president who lied to the American people when he said NK is no longer a nuclear threat.? 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Or perhaps a doctor's office waiting room.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This is from two hours before the President's rally last night ---- and it's still a feel good video.   :laugh:  Posted this last night here: 

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,326749.0.html

This video's also proof that Jimsey wasn't physically accosted in any way --- in case this is what the story morphs into.  The crowd was just having a helluva good time.   :police: 

! No longer available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RavIQkE3_8A

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
So the fox investigates whether the henhouse is secure from foxes and tells us everything is ok.
The Republic is lost.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
CNN...?
That's still on my tv...?
What channel...?