Author Topic: Walking the lonely conservative road in the Age of Trump (Leach)  (Read 6667 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Walking the lonely conservative road in the Age of Trump (Leach)
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2018, 06:14:04 am »
Sure mister, your avatar just screams "family site".

That's a gun.

Offline RoosGirl

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2018, 09:59:29 am »
That's a gun.

This is my rifle
That is your gun
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Silver Pines

« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2018, 11:49:33 am »
Uh....uh..... stiffened it with sour creme??? 

That's it.  I'm out!   888mouth   :silly:

@Xenalyte

Hold the door

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2018, 12:22:39 pm »
That's not fennel you silly person. Those are pot seeds.

Nope.....get your microscope out.  Those are pork borer worms.  Yummy
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #130 on: August 03, 2018, 12:30:43 pm »
I just don't like 'em, @roamer_1.  They weren't common when I was growing up, and I never developed a taste for them.

@Sanguine

Grits,air you can choke on.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online LMAO

« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2018, 12:44:26 pm »
I have read many of @INVAR posts since becoming a member. His language tends to be strong and he tends to get negative reactions from some. But I respect and admire his consistency and his tenacity to hold onto conservative principles regardless of the reactions he receives. In fact, although I try to be more diplomatic in my post, I find myself more on his side than not. He feels that these principles go beyond any party or any president and you can’t help but deeply respect that

But on the flipside, I  also understand pragmatism.  So how do you balance  principles and pragmatism without losing the moral authority to be critical when the “other team’s guy”  does things like, oh let’s say, add another trillions to the debt over eight years?  This is how you create  “whataboutism.”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2018, 01:05:23 pm »
Of course over here everything east of the Trinity River looks just like Louisiana.

Still as southern as I am, I just as soon eat chalk than grits.  Actually they are pretty close and the same.

One of my friends describes grits as laundry soap (the old powdered kind, not the pods.)

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2018, 01:06:54 pm »
I have read many of @INVAR posts since becoming a member. His language tends to be strong and he tends to get negative reactions from some. But I respect and admire his consistency and his tenacity to hold onto conservative principles regardless of the reactions he receives. In fact, although I try to be more diplomatic in my post, I find myself more on his side than not. He feels that these principles go beyond any party or any president and you can’t help but deeply respect that

But on the flipside, I  also understand pragmatism.  So how do you balance  principles and pragmatism without losing the moral authority to be critical when the “other team’s guy”  does things like, oh let’s say, add another trillions to the debt over eight years?  This is how you create  “whataboutism.”

I'd appreciate if you would stop with the hijacks and stick to the topic being discussed.

Online LMAO

« Reply #134 on: August 03, 2018, 01:08:35 pm »
I'd appreciate if you would stop with the hijacks and stick to the topic being discussed.

@Frank Cannon

888high58888  :beer:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #135 on: August 03, 2018, 01:11:34 pm »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2018, 01:27:56 pm »
Thank you sir for the compliment.  :beer:

But on the flipside, I  also understand pragmatism.  So how do you balance  principles and pragmatism without losing the moral authority to be critical when the “other team’s guy”  does things like, oh let’s say, add another trillions to the debt over eight years?

Well, we have over 30 years of seeing what  'pragmatism' looks like.  30 years of surrendering to the Left via one half step forward and five steps backwards, and adopting their agenda in pieces to supposedly advance Conservatism.

Now we are lectured that we have to be pragmatic and 'play nice with liberalism' in order to 'win' in one hand and cheerlead antagonistic bullying in the other at the same time simply to support whatever it is 'their guy' is doing.

Conservatives used believe in the idea that Conservatism works overtime it's tried.

Now "Conservatives" tell us that principles and morality are 'losers' and to support their guy or shut up and get lost.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #138 on: August 03, 2018, 01:29:40 pm »

@LMAO
DITTOS, but that I certainly fall entirely upon the side of principles, right alongside of @INVAR , I am sure... There is no place for pragmatism *at all* when it comes to the principle things. Principles are TRUE and UNMOVABLE, by definition. How does one pragmatically ignore the truth?

That does not mean there is no room to compromise, but that compromise must needs begin after the principle things are served. That's what cracks me up about these 'pragmatist' arguments... It is never wise to be 'pragmatic' with foundational truths.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 01:30:53 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2018, 02:18:24 pm »
This is my rifle
That is your gun

All of you:   *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #140 on: August 04, 2018, 07:35:48 am »
I'm thinking cheese and jalapeños could make them edible.

Can you order grits on Amazon?
Cheese and jalapenos could make most anything edible, and Tabasco is a good back up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #141 on: August 04, 2018, 08:20:57 am »
Cheese and jalapenos could make most anything edible, and Tabasco is a good back up.

Tabasco, for when you can't decide between a little pepper flavor or some vinegar, and end up just getting the mix totally wrong.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #142 on: August 04, 2018, 07:45:11 pm »
Tabasco, for when you can't decide between a little pepper flavor or some vinegar, and end up just getting the mix totally wrong.
Between that and Sriracha you can cover a multitude of sins. 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis