Author Topic: DOJ Finally Admits It Has No Data To Support Trump Lie On Foreign Terrorists  (Read 447 times)

Offline Suppressed

DOJ Finally Admits It Has No Data To Support Trump Lie On Foreign Terrorists
By Matt Shuham | July 31, 2018 5:53 pm

President Donald Trump and his administration have repeatedly peddled the lie that, according to government data, foreigners who come to the United States are more likely to be convicted of terrorism and “terrorism-related” offenses than native-born Americans.

A new statement from the Justice Department to Lawfare makes the lie more clear than ever.
“[N]o responsive records were located,” the Justice Department said in an otherwise unremarkable statement to Lawfare editor Benhamin Wittes last week. The statement spelled the resolution of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit that Lawfare had filed in an effort to find data — any data — the administration was using to support the false claim.

[...]

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/doj-finally-admits-it-has-no-data-to-support-trump-lie-on-foreign-terrorists

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

Right Toilet Paper Memo and Lawfairy. Those damn Americans with non muslim names taking down the towers, running over pedestrians and being an all around nuisance is a real problem.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
We do know that illegal aliens commit crimes out of proportion to their supposed numbers here.  But, I suspect that legal aliens do not.  I guess it depends on the type of "foreigner".