Author Topic: ‘Deeply disturbing’ racist email sent to college students, staff (Vanderbilt University)  (Read 500 times)

Online mountaineer

‘Deeply disturbing’ racist email sent to college students, staff
By Caleb Parke, Fox News
via New York Post
July 31, 2018
Vanderbilt University condemned a “deeply disturbing” email purportedly promoting white supremacy that was sent to students, faculty and staff.

The private university in Nashville, Tennessee said on Twitter the email sent Monday night contained “racist language and promoted white supremacy” and that it “violates our fundamental commitment to fostering an inclusive community and is absolutely unacceptable.”  ...

On Monday night, Vanderbilt NAACP tweeted out a screenshot of the alleged email that resembles spam with the email addressed to “Your command.” It contained several typos and errors, use of caps lock, and bizarre language, including “White Pride at Vanderbilt and worldwide!”

“The white nationalist email blast that was sent out to many Black Students tonight is yet ANOTHER reprehensible display of how racism and hatred is ingrained into Vanderbilt culture,” the NAACP chapter tweeted out, adding, “Now let’s hope @VanderbiltU actually takes action…”  ...
Rest of story - there's a link there to

Vanderbilt NAACP twitter feed and the alleged racist message. Some comments on their twitter page are interesting:
The Mountain Climber @HereticsMTN
Jul 31
Replying to @VandyNAACP

I suspect that this story will fade into the background as the culprit is determined to be a black person or "ally'. Vandy has bent the knee and deep throated everyone already yet will still be told they are crypto racists. What a world.
--------------------------------------
David Wasman 🏰 Founder: MCMagic/Imaginears Club
‏ @therealduckie
Replying to @VandyNAACP

I have an issue with this. The "english"vernacular is a bit...off. No one in the US says "WWW access" like that. Also, all those odd spaces between characters.

This smacks of an outside force. Likely another agitprop being used to sow discord and chaos.
12:43 PM - 31 Jul 2018

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Russians.   

Trumps fault.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I suspect that this story will fade into the background as the culprit is determined to be a black person or "ally'.

Watch the school. If they are more interested in "educating people" than catching the culprit, they know it is a Fake Crime.
Countdown to Resignation

Online mountaineer

Odds are it's a hoax perpetrated by some Vanderbilt NAACP members or sympathizers.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org