Author Topic: How Trump Could Be Like Reagan  (Read 1408 times)

Silver Pines

Re: How Trump Could Be Like Reagan
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2018, 07:23:33 pm »
I work off of tangible economic results. You can work off of what the Church Ladies have to say. My way puts money in my pockets. Your way makes you feel guilty drinking a beer at lunch.

@Frank Cannon

Those qualities aren’t incompatible with success.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2018, 09:16:49 pm »
@Frank Cannon

Those qualities aren’t incompatible with success.

It depends on what your yardstick for success is. When it involves the government, mine I pretty low. Stay out of my way, stop stealing my money and leave me alone. If I want inspiration I'll read an old Bishop Sheen book.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2018, 09:37:59 pm »
It depends on what your yardstick for success is. When it involves the government, mine I pretty low. Stay out of my way, stop stealing my money and leave me alone. If I want inspiration I'll read an old Bishop Sheen book.

Words to live by!   :beer:

And a great meme quote.  My Sicilian grandmother used to watch him every week while she knitted.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2018, 09:47:47 pm »

@Frank Cannon

You were talking about financial success, so I responded to you.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2018, 09:57:47 pm »
I didn't  say I want or need a Saint in there.  Just have him put this thumbs in casts and stop tweeting and making a fool of himself.
I sincerely hope he does not stop Tweeting.

It is the way he is winning this country over as he bypasses the media filter.

Maybe tone down a bit, but certainly not what you suggest and stop altogether.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2018, 09:59:04 pm »
Trump was tweeting a long time before becoming president. Considering how effective his tweeting has been in knocking down media straw men and bypassing the dishonest media since getting elected, he should have made it a promise during his campaign to continue tweeting no matter what. It’s working beautifully against media propagandists. I didn’t know when we got Trump that his tweets would be a bonus.
Absolutely spot on.

Those who wish him to stop do not know what they are saying.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2018, 10:15:49 pm »
@Frank Cannon

You were talking about financial success, so I responded to you.

Well financial success is my yard stick for a good government. It means that they are staying out of my way, stopped stealing my money and are leaving me alone.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2018, 10:21:18 pm »
I work off of tangible economic results. You can work off of what the Church Ladies have to say. My way puts money in my pockets. Your way makes you feel guilty drinking a beer at lunch.

Again, with Trump, it's not just about the economics,

Pro-Lifers for Trump speaking up again, he's done a lot in the social conservative area, it is wrong for some so-called Trump supporters to discount this when it's also said rather universally, that Trump was elected in part by the Evangelicals, white Evangelicals.

Moving the US embassy to Jerusalem and so on, there are many accomplishments  by Trump in this area.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2016/11/09/exit-polls-show-white-evangelicals-voted-overwhelmingly-for-donald-trump/

Without the Evangelicals, good chance, Trump would not have been elected.

It's a litmus test for GOP presidential candidates, whether one likes it or not. Trump, Cruz, and on down the line, Rubio, Bush, Carly, all were strong pro-lifers.

Religious liberty forum just in the past two weeks and Trump threatening Turkey with sanctions over a preacher being held there?

Time to take in the whole picture of Trump, not just some areas.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2018, 10:31:00 pm »
2nd amendment rights as well,  it's unfathomable to separate these pluses from the administration which some Never Trumpers and Ever Trumpers seem to do. He got elected in good part from a religious vote. It might not have happened without them. There are plenty of articles on this.

How does one define morality?  You can find problems with about everyone including once again Reagan.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2018, 12:20:25 am »

Maybe tone down a bit, but certainly not what you suggest and stop altogether.

That I could live with.  At least have a few people vetting before sending.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2018, 01:20:59 am »
Title and premise:
"How Trump Could Be Like Reagan"

Coming from the New York Times, it's definitely a false one.

Fishrrman to Mr. Trump:
The LAST THING you want to listen to, the advice you least need to heed, is from an outfit like the Times.

Keep being yourself.
You're doin' just fine.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2018, 04:14:21 am »
Reagan is remembered as The Great Communicator, . . . From the days before twitter. He took his mssg and wants to the voters in televised speeches.

Trump merely changed the media. Same operation. But no need for camera crews or need to wait months until network TV carried the next.

Tweets are instant. His fans love them.

I didn't care for it at first. But it works.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2018, 04:20:06 am »

Frank you're a better man than I.

When I want inspiration I turn to Harry Flashman.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com