Author Topic: Schumer asks national archivist for sensitive Kavanaugh records  (Read 332 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer asks national archivist for sensitive Kavanaugh records
By Alexander Bolton - 07/31/18 03:15 PM EDT

Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.) has asked the national archivist for documents related to Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s service as White House staff secretary, doing an end-run around the GOP chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee in the process.

Schumer on Tuesday accused Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) of breaking precedent by making what he considered a partisan request of the National Archives for only some documents related to Kavanaugh’s time as staff secretary under former President George W. Bush.

“They are concealing records,” Schumer said of Grassley and his Republican colleagues. “What does Judge Kavanaugh have to hide? What are our Republican colleagues to afraid of revealing?”

“I called the archivist myself yesterday. I made a request of him that even if the Bush Library, even if the Republican lawyers, even if Chairman Grassley says don’t give up the records, he should have the strength, the courage and the fidelity to what an archivist is about to give us those records,” he said.

The archivist, David Ferriero, said he would consider the request.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/399735-schumer-asks-national-archivist-for-sensitive-kavanaugh-records
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Schumer asks national archivist for sensitive Kavanaugh records
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 12:28:21 am »
How many of Kagan's records were produced?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: