Author Topic: More than 450 people in Florida ordered to give up guns under new law, report says  (Read 1893 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Oh well, at least the Republican is better than the Democrat.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I do not, NOT, NOT, trust government, and that especially includes judges, to not trample on our rights whenever they get the chance.

That said, I'm willing to give any odds that there really are more than 450 people (not currently incarcerated) in FL who should not have access to guns.

Maybe this law took guns away from 449 people who were days away from going postal and screwed one really good guy who had the bad luck to share a name with a bad dude.  Maybe this law took guns away from one person who was days away from going postal and screwed 449 really good guys who had the bad luck to share a name with a bad dude. 
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

If a mental health professional says they are a danger to the public, yes.

I live (more or less) in Tampa, FL.  The local city buses are covered in ads for "services" in case you have been in an accident.  IOW, you say you've been injured, pay a "doctor" a few hundred bucks, and you get your oxy.

This leads me to wonder.  If our "doctors" aren't really so "professional", might we also have some "mental health professionals" who are equally corrupt?   Perhaps you pay them a few hundred and they claim your (soon to be ex) spouse is a danger  to the public.

I don't mean to malign the true professionals.  But around here in FL, getting a "doctor" to say whatever you want them to say doesn't cost much.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.