Author Topic: Trump says he's willing to talk to Iran without preconditions  (Read 1490 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday he would be willing to meet Iran's leader without preconditions to discuss how to improve ties after he pulled the United States out of the 2015 Iran nuclear deal, saying, "If they want to meet, we'll meet."
Asked at a White House news conference whether he was willing to meet with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, Trump said: "I'd meet with anybody. I believe in meetings," especially in cases where war is at stake.
Trump's remarks represented a marked softening in rhetoric from a week ago, when he lashed out at Rouhani in a tweet, saying "Never, ever threaten the United States again or you will suffer consequences the likes of which few throughout history have ever suffered before.".....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-says-hes-willing-to-talk-to-iran-without-preconditions/ar-BBLh7Vq?ocid=spartanntp

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Trump says he's willing to talk to Iran without preconditions
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 09:21:28 pm »
 :2popcorn:

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 09:54:22 pm »
What

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 10:04:00 pm »
You
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 10:17:03 pm »
You
"What"
@CatherineofAragon
@Suppressed

He will have a meeting behind closed doors - just him and the Iranian President - and we will never know what was said.  This seems to be the plan from now on after the Russian behind closed door meeting.  When you see the nuclear missile coming, hide under your desk -that was supposed to work back in the 50s, early 60s.  Has that changed?  wink777

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 10:22:02 pm »
"What"
@CatherineofAragon
@Suppressed

He will have a meeting behind closed doors - just him and the Iranian President - and we will never know what was said.  This seems to be the plan from now on after the Russian behind closed door meeting.  When you see the nuclear missile coming, hide under your desk -that was supposed to work back in the 50s, early 60s.  Has that changed?  wink777

For us country folk, it was fine advice, as it could help reduce injury from a distal blast.

For those at ground zero, though, it wouldn't do much!

I just can't wait to find out what deal we get with Iran.  After all, they're SO trustworthy!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Silver Pines

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 10:26:02 pm »
"What"
@CatherineofAragon
@Suppressed

@Victoria33

Lol

Well, when the next Democrat gets in office and wants to meet with whatever dictator or tyrant, our mouths will have to stay shut.

Offline ABX

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 10:40:33 pm »
@Victoria33

Lol

Well, when the next Democrat gets in office and wants to meet with whatever dictator or tyrant, our mouths will have to stay shut.

History with John Kerry and B. Hussein confirms that assertion.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2018, 11:42:16 pm »
Here comes another wall-to-wall two-week Media/RINO shitstorm.

:MiniGun:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2018, 12:26:14 pm »
I knew I heard that term before.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/jan/21/barack-obama-iran-negotiations

Some of this may sound a bit familiar, as well....

"QUESTIONER: "A year ago in South Carolina you said you would meet, in your first year as president, with President Ahmadinejad without preconditions. Is there anything you have heard today here in discussions with Israeli leaders that has made you rethink that pledge or are you still standing by that?" OBAMA: "Dan, I think you have to take a look at what the question was in South Carolina and how I responded. The question is would I meet with leaders without preconditions in pursuit ... But I think what I said in response was that I would, at my time and choosing, be willing to meet with any leader if I thought it would promote the national security interests of the United States of America.  And that continues to be my position, that if I think that I can get a deal that is going to advance our cause, then I would consider that opportunity. But what I also said was that there is a difference between meeting without preconditions and meeting without preparation." (Barack Obama, Press Conference, Sderot, Israel, 7/23/08)

Also, the SoS came out not long after Trump's statement to list some preconditions.

“If the Iranians demonstrate a commitment to make fundamental changes in how they treat their own people, reduce their malign behavior, can agree that it's worthwhile to enter into a nuclear agreement that actually prevents proliferation, then the president said he's prepared to sit down and have the conversation with them,” Pompeo said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/399597-pompeo-sets-conditions-for-iran-meeting-after-trump-says-hell-meet
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2018, 01:36:30 pm »
Two words: Bad Idea.. If they want to meet us there has to be preconditions.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline ABX

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2018, 01:51:22 pm »
Two words: Bad Idea.. If they want to meet us there has to be preconditions.

When you have all the upper hands, you set the rules. Just like North Korea, these meetings don't serve us anything and gives them the world stage recognition they want.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2018, 01:56:46 pm »
When you have all the upper hands, you set the rules. Just like North Korea, these meetings don't serve us anything and gives them the world stage recognition they want.

They are recognized already for what they are.  That dog won't hunt.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2018, 02:06:01 pm »

Also, the SoS came out not long after Trump's statement to list some preconditions.

“If the Iranians demonstrate a commitment to make fundamental changes in how they treat their own people, reduce their malign behavior, can agree that it's worthwhile to enter into a nuclear agreement that actually prevents proliferation, then the president said he's prepared to sit down and have the conversation with them,” Pompeo said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/399597-pompeo-sets-conditions-for-iran-meeting-after-trump-says-hell-meet

I would feel a lot more secure if Pompeo were President.   :shrug:

(No surprise, btw, that Trump's latest version of what we will do is an echo of Barack Obama.  And no surprise that he has said two opposite things within a short time.  Are both honest?  *****rollingeyes*****)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2018, 02:49:52 pm »
(And no surprise that he has said two opposite things within a short time.  Are both honest?  *****rollingeyes*****)

Slip these on and it will all make sense....

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2018, 02:53:47 pm »
Slip these on and it will all make sense....

I forgot to pick a pair of those up on my last trip to Walmart.   wink777
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2018, 02:58:35 pm »
But Hillary!!!
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline skeeter

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2018, 03:02:15 pm »
They are recognized already for what they are.  That dog won't hunt.

LOL. The establishment GOP, who were all ready to declare Obama's Iran agreement fait accompli, are now Iran hawks in full throated opposition to anything Trump suggests.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 03:07:33 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2018, 03:02:43 pm »
No surprise, btw, that Trump's latest version of what we will do is an echo of Barack Obama.  And no surprise that he has said two opposite things within a short time.  Are both honest?  *****rollingeyes*****)

He wasn't sincere in the offer to begin with.  Outside information gets into Iran a lot easier than a nation like North Korea.  This is an effort to feign an attempt at dialogue, so when it's rejected (and it was), opposition within the country can cite that when sanctions re-impose this fall.  One thing to watch with the oil sanctions will be how Turkey - a supposed NATO ally - responds.  They've already stated they will continue with oil purchases. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 03:03:23 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2018, 03:05:46 pm »
LOL. The establishment GOP, who were all ready to declare Obama's Iran agreement fait accompli, are now Iran hawks in full throated opposition to anything Trump suggests.

I'm glad you added the "LOL" -- because this continued sh*t can drive a person crazy.   :laugh:

BTW @skeeter   Is your avatar Little Skeeter 2.0?  happy77

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 03:08:00 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2018, 03:20:29 pm »
Huh?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2018, 03:23:46 pm »
Found Trump's secret.......

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2018, 04:36:42 pm »
:2popcorn:

Iran's rial is tanking due to US sanctions.

They can bluster all they like.

Trump owns them and they know it.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com