Author Topic: IRAN ON THE ROPES?  (Read 557 times)

Offline endicom

IRAN ON THE ROPES?
« on: July 30, 2018, 12:40:22 am »
Power Line
John Hinderaker
July 29, 2018

I confess that even after I boarded the Trump train–basically, when no alternative was left–I didn’t imagine that Trump would prove to be a foreign policy genius. But isn’t that what we are seeing? Improving our trade deals, finally doing something about North Korea, standing up to Putin’s Russia, pushing back against Chinese theft of intellectual property, exposing anti-Semitism and fecklessness in the U.N., getting more contributions from NATO allies–it’s been a heck of a year and a half!

Then there is Iran. Barack Obama pursued a bizarre Iran policy, from the first days of his administration, when he went on Iranian television. His view, apparently, was that strained relations between the U.S. and Iran were mostly our fault–never mind that incident at the embassy that stretched on for more than a year–and really, the U.S. and the mullahs’ “Death to America” Iran are natural allies. So he tried to build Iran up as a regional power, supplying pallets of cash and ultimately something like $100 billion in exchange for promises that can be revoked at will.

More... https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/07/iran-on-the-ropes.php

Offline endicom

Re: IRAN ON THE ROPES?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 12:41:16 am »

Economic warfare or bullet and bomb? Which is less costly in dollar and life?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 01:45:02 am »
☆
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 05:20:04 am »
All warfare is based upon deception.
Sun Tzu.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com