Author Topic: Ohio farmer compares farmers under Trump to Stormy Daniels: 'Screwed' then paid off  (Read 380 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ohio farmer compares farmers under Trump to Stormy Daniels: 'Screwed' then paid off
By Avery Anapol - 07/30/18 08:45 AM EDT

An Ohio farmer in an op-ed piece compared the plight of American farmers under President Trump to adult-film star Stormy Daniels's situation, saying that both got “screwed” and then paid off.

Christopher Gibbs, a farmer who worked with the USDA on the federal level for 30 years, penned the piece for Ohio’s Sidney Daily News, saying that Trump’s plan to bail out farmers affected by his tariffs is proof that his trade policies are “folly.”

Trump’s Agriculture Department announced last week that it would offer $12 billion in aid to farmers who have been hurt by retaliatory tariffs that came in response to Trump’s decision to impose levies on imports from other countries.

“Let me tell you a riddle,” Gibbs wrote. “ ‘I slept with a billionaire because he said he loved me. I expected to make love, but in the morning I realized I was getting screwed. When I went to tell the world, I was offered cash to keep my mouth shut.’ ”

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/399458-ohio-farmer-compares-farmers-under-trump-to-stormy-daniels-screwed
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Christopher Gibbs, a farmer who worked with the USDA on the federal level for 30 years
So, really, we're talking not so much a farmer as a bureaucrat here.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024