Author Topic: TRUMP’S SECRET: How A Can-Do Businessman Roils The ‘Proper Order’ In A Town Immobilized By Attorneys  (Read 452 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
TRUMP’S SECRET: How A Can-Do Businessman Roils The ‘Proper Order’ In A Town Immobilized By Attorneys
3:28 AM 07/28/2018
Alan Beard | International Trade Expert

Someone like Donald Trump is almost incomprehensible to the polished Washingtonian marble buildings and cliquish button down power structure that governs the Beltway. Of course, his indefatigable Tweeting, inarticulate speechifying, obnoxious high school bravado and cheerleading are jarring for all but his most ardent supporters. But the real problem is he challenges the orthodoxy of a town that has become so ossified by the legal profession that process has become far more important than any outcome — the exact opposite of Americans’ self-image of can-do rugged individualism.

In Washington, lawyers oppressively rule and any measurable outcomes are merely an inconsequential byproduct of a vast bureaucratic infrastructure, which has been built to perpetually churn out mountains of the most arcane analysis; justify, write, and then re-write mind numbing rules and regulations; as well as establish, codify and argue legal positions, all with no urgency or concern of cost, not to mention whether or not these exercises have any demonstrable effectiveness. Clearly the legal profession, by design, is risk averse and set up to protecting us; therefor Washington immediately dismisses any departure from well-established legalistic processes and procedures, as Trump is prone to do.

more
http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/27/trumps-secret-in-washington/
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 11:48:30 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Excellent article!   Couldn't have said it better myself!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Excellent article!   Couldn't have said it better myself!

Maybe it helps explain why TBR's pleaders hold Trump in such low esteem - its a lawyer thing.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Maybe it helps explain why TBR's pleaders hold Trump in such low esteem - its a lawyer thing.

“No political truth is certainly of greater intrinsic value, or is stamped with the authority of more enlightened patrons of liberty, than that on which the objection is founded. The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, self appointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny. Were the federal Constitution, therefore, really chargeable with the accumulation of power, or with a mixture of powers, having a dangerous tendency to such an accumulation, no further arguments would be necessary to inspire a universal reprobation of the system. I persuade myself, however, that it will be made apparent to everyone that the charge cannot be supported, and that the maxim on which it relies has been totally misconceived and misapplied. In order to form correct ideas on this important subject, it will be proper to investigate the sense in which the preservation of liberty requires that the three great departments of power should be separate and distinct.”

Federalist #47 [James Madison]

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Obviously Madison wasn't a lawyer.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Obviously Madison wasn't a lawyer.

He was. But he was also a most honorable man bound to tell the truth.

- J. R. R. Tolkien