Author Topic: Bear destroys truck interior after getting stuck inside  (Read 987 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Bear destroys truck interior after getting stuck inside
« on: July 28, 2018, 12:08:06 pm »
MS News 7/27/2018

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/38756303/bear-destroys-truck-interior-after-getting-stuck-inside

A Colorado man was stunned by a wild intruder in his pickup truck.

A quiet night turned loud when Jim Bay woke up to a horn blaring outside.

"I opened the door and had a surprise visitor," he said.

Bay found a big black bear trapped inside his truck.

"The glass wasn't broken. The truck looked like normal," he said. "So apparently, he opened the door using the handle. And then the door closed behind him once he got into the truck."

Bay said the bear got so agitated that it destroyed the inside of the vehicle.

"I didn't want to go down there and open the door and let him out myself, because I thought I'd be bait," he said.

So, he called the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office.

Video captures Bay and two deputies trying to tie ropes to door handles so they could open the truck from a distance.

But eventually a deputy just opened the door and ran as the bear hopped out and darted away.

"This was the biggest bear I've seen yet," Bay said.

But what attracted it to climb inside surprised Bay.

"A half a piece of gum is all it took," he said.

Leaving that tiny morsel in the truck is a small mistake Bay hopes others can learn from.

"I'm going to be a little more careful in the future," he said. "I'm going through all the cars that we leave outside to make sure there's nothing yummy or that smells good. Anywhere."

Offline Applewood

Re: Bear destroys truck interior after getting stuck inside
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 02:27:10 pm »
Wild animals can be destructive.  Wow!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 02:33:42 pm »
Dunno how this made national news... It is a pretty common occurrence...

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 05:28:50 pm »
If the bear figured out how to manipulate the door handle to get in, how long will it be before one figures out how to start the car if the keys are in the ignition?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 06:31:37 pm »
Had a crazy ex lover do the same thing to my Dodge Dart.  She was meaner than than an ole Bear.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 06:54:56 pm »
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DAiwLDcV9LeA&ved=2ahUKEwigzsKqu8LcAhUtU98KHSctDaMQwqsBMAB6BAgJEAU&usg=AOvVaw3S17CjURgMztyc-JLiFgks

There are several versions of this.  This claims to be the original.  911 call -- man hits deer, puts it in the back of his vehicle, deer wakes up.  Dog attacks.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 07:06:03 pm »
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DAiwLDcV9LeA&ved=2ahUKEwigzsKqu8LcAhUtU98KHSctDaMQwqsBMAB6BAgJEAU&usg=AOvVaw3S17CjURgMztyc-JLiFgks

There are several versions of this.  This claims to be the original.  911 call -- man hits deer, puts it in the back of his vehicle, deer wakes up.  Dog attacks.
@Cyber Liberty

“I hit a deer, I figured you would want to see it” is actually listed at number four the list of “The 10 Best Pick-Up Lines to Use in Kalamazoo.”
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 07:06:57 pm by The Ghost »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 08:23:33 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 08:40:52 pm »
I saw that film on a news channel and it is wild.  Good thing there was no one (human) in the truck.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 09:31:42 pm »
I saw that film on a news channel and it is wild.  Good thing there was no one (human) in the truck.

I imagine the bear was scared to death being trapped in a truck like that. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Silver Pines

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 11:03:42 pm »
Had a crazy ex lover do the same thing to my Dodge Dart.  She was meaner than than an ole Bear.

@The Ghost

You’ve heard that Carrie Underwood song about smashing up some guy’s truck with a bat, right?  What, are people supposed to sympathize with her or something?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2018, 12:14:16 am »
@The Ghost

You’ve heard that Carrie Underwood song about smashing up some guy’s truck with a bat, right?  What, are people supposed to sympathize with her or something?

Well, Hannity used to start his shows with a song about some woman setting her husband on fire, so yeah...
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2018, 12:30:06 am »
Well, Hannity used to start his shows with a song about some woman setting her husband on fire, so yeah...

Independence Day.  Hannity was clueless on that one.   Much like "Born in the USA" was a Brucie tribute to America.  Asswipes.