Author Topic: WATCH: Kurdistan joins world to see longest ‘blood moon’ eclipse of the century  (Read 737 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
WATCH: Kurdistan joins world to see longest ‘blood moon’ eclipse of the century
Sangar Ali Sangar Ali |

The "Blood Moon" as seen over Erbil. The earth's shadow is completely covering the moon, and the lack of direct sunlight reflecting off it casts a blood red shade, July 27, 2018. (Photo: Kurdistan 24)

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) – The people of the Kurdistan Region join other parts of the world on Friday night to observe the longest-lasting so-called “blood moon” lunar eclipse of the century as the Earth's shadow turns the moon crimson for nearly two hours.

Read more at: http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/c384f1f5-e265-4b66-8acf-143487668a24

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
When I was a kid the moon always looked red during a lunar eclipse. This "blood moon" stuff is right up there with naming every handful of snow coming down as a winter storm. Hype.....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

When I was a kid the moon always looked red during a lunar eclipse. This "blood moon" stuff is right up there with naming every handful of snow coming down as a winter storm. Hype.....

The term "blood moon" goes back thousands of years.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The term "blood moon" goes back thousands of years.
Perhaps: Omens and portents, oh my. I just do not recall the term being hyped like a medieval superstition, rather I recall an era when terms like "Penumbra" were used, right there on teevee, by regular news readers.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Perhaps: Omens and portents, oh my. I just do not recall the term being hyped like a medieval superstition, rather I recall an era when terms like "Penumbra" were used, right there on teevee, by regular news readers.

:beer:

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.