Author Topic: Why Did Putin Favor Trump?  (Read 460 times)

Offline corbe

Why Did Putin Favor Trump?
« on: July 28, 2018, 12:47:54 am »
Why Did Putin Favor Trump?

By Tim Donner | Jul 27, 2018

We all know that Vladimir Putin wanted Donald Trump to beat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election.  Putin admitted as much following their summit in Helsinki.  Asked during his joint appearance with the President if he favored Trump, the Russian President responded, “Yes, I did. Because he talked about bringing the U.S.– Russia relationship back to normal.”

But the media is so caught up in the drama of Trump and Putin centering around the persistent allegation that the American and Russian Presidents engaged in collusion that nobody seems to be asking the baseline question in all this: Why would Putin favor Trump?

If you’re on the left, of course, this is not a question at all.  Leftists have fully convinced themselves that these two menaces to civilization teamed up somehow, some way, to deceive the American people and render Trump a Manchurian candidate programmed to overthrow his own country.  Or some such thing.

But let’s focus on the normal reasonable people who view this at-once intriguing and alarming relationship from a distance and try to figure it out rationally.

Benefits of a Clinton Presidency

<..snip..>

https://www.libertynation.com/why-did-putin-favor-trump/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Why Did Putin Favor Trump?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 01:28:24 am »
Think about the irony: while the elite media trips all over itself to “uncover” Putin’s interference – and of course collusion – in an American election, it may well be that it was actually Hillary’s meddling in a Russian election that turned on the spigot of hatred by Putin for the 2016 Democrat presidential nominee. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 02:35:36 am »
So Putin favored Trump because he would bring the relationship "back to normal.". I guess Hillary's reset button was defective.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 12:36:45 pm »
So Putin favored Trump because he would bring the relationship "back to normal.". I guess Hillary's reset button was defective.

That woman is defective. All her parts are shot. She defective, corroded and decayed. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 01:22:06 pm »
I think the point of the article was not so much that Putin wanted Trump to win, but that he didn't want Hillary.
Several Americans agreed with him.
Some of us were unsure about Trump, but we knew damn well what we would get with Hillary, and we wanted no part of that.
So far, it has turned out brilliantly, minus a few twitter and speaking gaffes.