Author Topic: No More ‘Undocumented’ — Justice Dept. Says Correct Term Is ‘Illegal Alien’  (Read 835 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
No More ‘Undocumented’ — Justice Dept. Says Correct Term Is ‘Illegal Alien’
Directive highlights consistency and conformity in all communications, and yes, liberals will gnash their teeth
By PoliZette Staff | Tuesday, July 24, 2018

When it comes to one of the biggest issues of the day — illegal immigration — the Justice Department has made a move toward the use of correct terminology within that department.

The DOJ, headed by Attorney General Jeff Sessions (shown above), has reportedly told its attorneys by email that the term “undocumented” is inaccurate according to U.S. Code, and that they should start using the legally correct term — “illegal alien,” as CNN noted.

The DOJ reminded its lawyers that there must be uniformity in the terms they use, implying that they are seeing the word “undocumented” more than a little bit.

The email sought “to clear up some confusion and to be consistent in the way we draft our releases,” CNN quoted the email as saying.

“It’s hard to use words that one side or the other doesn’t say, ‘That’s the wrong word to use’ or ‘That is the right word to use,'” Leo Chavez, an anthropology professor at the University of California at Irvine who studies media representation of immigration, told Advance Local regarding the issue of immigration verbiage. “It’s such a politicized discussion right now that it’s hard to come up with words that are neutral.”

Some words should not be “neutral,” but factual. Those who are in our country illegally are, factually, illegal aliens.

https://lifezette.com/2018/07/no-more-undocumented-justice-dept-says-correct-term-is-illegal-alien/
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 05:34:44 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
And that is the term I have never stopped using and never will.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Waiting for Pelosi to express outrage in 3..2..1

Offline goatprairie

I never stopped saying illegal alien.  One big thing leftists do to try and destroy western civilization is to change the language.

"undocumented immigrants" instead of illegal aliens.."people of color"  instead of non-whites  "overseas contingency operations" instead of war on terror.... "man-caused disasters" instead of terrorism ...... "white privilege" imaginary status of white people...... "one percenters" instead of rich people.....  "person of interest" instead of suspect......"food deserts" instead of undesirable locations for grocery stores....."toxic masculinity" instead of normal male behavior. .......these are just a few.  There are numerous other words and phrases the left has invented  to try and mess with peoples' minds and wreck society.

Offline dfwgator

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
And that is the term I have never stopped using and never will.
:amen:

The left, with the help of the media, is very good at insidiously inserting their inaccurate language into common usage. Don't let them!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I never stopped saying illegal alien.  One big thing leftists do to try and destroy western civilization is to change the language.

"undocumented immigrants" instead of illegal aliens.."people of color"  instead of non-whites  "overseas contingency operations" instead of war on terror.... "man-caused disasters" instead of terrorism ...... "white privilege" imaginary status of white people...... "one percenters" instead of rich people.....  "person of interest" instead of suspect......"food deserts" instead of undesirable locations for grocery stores....."toxic masculinity" instead of normal male behavior. .......these are just a few.  There are numerous other words and phrases the left has invented  to try and mess with peoples' minds and wreck society.

@goatprairie @austingirl

http://theconversation.com/how-woodrow-wilsons-propaganda-machine-changed-american-journalism-76270
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Waiting for Pelosi to express outrage in 3..2..1

It takes San Fran Nan a little longer these days with constipated brain.  Give her till tomorrow when the haze clears her brain.

Offline Wingnut