Author Topic: Trump may have been played by North Korea on MIA soldier remains  (Read 865 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump may have been played by North Korea on MIA soldier remains
by Michael Rubin
 | July 27, 2018 03:28 PM

The Trump administration is celebrating the return of the remains of Americans killed during the Korean War as a sign that its diplomacy with North Korea works. Speaking Friday at the Pentagon, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said, “The remains were turned over … as initiated during the summit that President Trump had with Chairman Kim [Jong Un],” Mattis said, adding, “I think when you have that sort of communication going on it sets a positive environment and tone for other things in terms of international diplomacy. This humanitarian act is a step in the right direction.”

But is it possible that the Trump administration is getting played? Let’s put aside the fact that North Korea has yet to answer questions about the fates of American servicemen missing in action who were confirmed alive in North Korea, some of whom may have been transferred to the Soviet Union or to China. Both North Korea and China have scammed previous U.S. administrations. In 2008, under the George W. Bush administration, the Pentagon paid more than $100,000 in U.S. taxpayer money for the Chinese government’s archival assistance; China took the money but then refused to make the identified files accessible. Russia, likewise, refuses to release its KGB/GRU files.

Alas, the Obama team did little better. On June 19, 2015, Secretary of Defense Ash Carter appointed Lt. Gen. Michael Linnington to lead the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency, the organization in charge of accounting for and returning the remains of lost servicemen. Linnington promised POW/MIA families he would head the organization for a decade; after about a year, he resigned to take a better offer. That may be just as well. His meetings with the families of the Korean War missing appear to have been more about feigning concern rather than any sincere effort to resolve their cases. Indeed, demonstrating the government’s tendency to confuse spending with achievement, the DPAA sought to again sign an agreement with the Peoples’ Liberation Army Archives Department to pay China for its assistance in resolving the case of downed Korean War-era aircraft in Liaoning.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/trump-may-have-been-played-by-north-korea-on-mia-soldier-remains
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Trump may have been played by North Korea on MIA soldier remains
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 09:18:09 pm »
 ****slapping

Laughable.  The depth of Trump hate by the press is bottomless.   

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 09:22:27 pm »
****slapping

Indeed it is.

Today I heard a flat lie from ABC - in reporting the 4.1 GDP they said it was the best performance since 2014. And then went on to claim GDP passed 4 several times during Obama's administration.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 09:24:38 pm »
Indeed it is.

Today I heard a flat lie from ABC - in reporting the 4.1 GDP they said it was the best performance since 2014. And then went on to claim GDP passed 4 several times during Obama's administration.

Trump has all the right enemies.  They are all the people we hate.  Like the press.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 09:27:36 pm »
Trump has all the right enemies.  They are all the people we hate.  Like the press.

And that is very telling in and of itself.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 09:29:16 pm »
And that is very telling in and of itself.

I stole that line from Victor D. Hanson. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 10:04:40 pm »
Indeed it is.

It did, @skeeter ... One quarter in 2009, one quarter in 2011, and two quarters of 2014.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 10:06:01 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 10:07:58 pm »
It did, @skeeter ... One quarter in 2009, one quarter in 2011, and two quarters of 2014.

Are you hoping for a repeat or just reporting on the past to make a point?  You are a hard read.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 12:58:19 pm »
****slapping

But you totally ignore the issues brought up by the piece.

Did you not bother to read it, or do you just not care about our POWs or remains of our fallen?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 01:00:04 pm »
Are you hoping for a repeat or just reporting on the past to make a point?  You are a hard read.

I'm pointing out that it wasn't a lie.  I hope this is sustainable, and not just a fluctuation as is usual.
+++++++++

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 01:30:23 pm »
I started out as a Cruz guy.
Still am as far as that goes, as he is our Senator.
I have learned this:
Just when you think Trump maybe screwing up, wait a few days and the ship gets righted, and back on course.
If you think Trump is getting played, wait awhile, and it will turn out that the opposite is taking place.
Hey, I'l admit, I've been taken in once or twice.
I start out thinking,"Hey, just what's this guy doing", then later say,"Oh, now I see, that makes more sense."
I don't know if I'd goes as far as to call it 9th dimensional underwater chess, but it has been fascinating to watch.