Author Topic: Disneyland agrees to pay its workers $15 an hour  (Read 317 times)

Offline Suppressed

Disneyland agrees to pay its workers $15 an hour
« on: July 27, 2018, 09:10:49 pm »
Disneyland agrees to pay its workers $15 an hour
by Nathaniel Meyersohn   @CNNMoney
July 27, 2018: 10:53 AM ET

Disneyland workers in California are getting a pay raise.

Unions representing nearly 10,000 Disneyland workers accepted Disney's three-year contract to raise starting hourly wages to $15 an hour beginning next year. The agreement ends a lengthy labor battle over pay at Disney's Anaheim resort.

Minimum wage employees at Disneyland made $11 an hour. The deal immediately raises their pay 20% to $13.25 an hour. The $15 starting rate will go into effect on January 1, 2019. It will go up to $15.45 in June of 2020.

Disney said an employee making $11 today would earn an additional $8,000 a year.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Applewood

Re: Disneyland agrees to pay its workers $15 an hour
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 09:33:57 pm »
Fine with me.  Went there once in the 1970s and once was more than enough.  Overpriced, underwhelming amusement park.  I have a much better amusement park 20 miles from me. Not cheap, but far more entertaining.  And no PC or LGBTQRSTUV propaganda either.