Author Topic: U.K. halts U.S. cooperation on handover of ISIS "Beatles" suspects  (Read 324 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
U.K. halts U.S. cooperation on handover of ISIS "Beatles" suspects

CBS/AP July 27, 2018, 6:40 AM

Alexanda Amon Kotey, left, and El Shafee Elsheikh, who were allegedly among four British jihadis who made up a brutal ISIS cell dubbed "The Beatles," speak during an interview with The Associated Press at a security center in Kobani, Syria, March 30, 2018.

LONDON -- Britain's Home Office has temporarily suspended cooperating with U.S. authorities on the handover of two British jihadis allegedly linked to the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) until a judge reviews a decision that would allow the pair to be tried in the United States. Defense lawyers wrote the government this week after leaked documents showed that British officials were willing to hand over El Shafee Elsheikh and Alexanda Kotey without assurances the men would not be subject to the death penalty if they were convicted in an American court.

"We have agreed to a short-term pause," the Home Office said in a statement Thursday. "The government remains committed to bringing these people to justice, and we are confident we have acted in full accordance of the law."

Read more at: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/britain-halts-us-cooperation-isis-beatles-suspects-james-foley-execution/

I usually, won't post pictures of the terrorists but in this case, I do. They, sitting back and not looking too unhappy.  I'm not aware of any ISIS terrorists we have executed via a Court trial.  Of course, we have killed many including one of these "Beatles" per the article.