Author Topic: 12 photos from the latest California wildfire that you won't even believe are real  (Read 448 times)

rangerrebew

12 photos from the latest California wildfire that you won't even believe are real
‘Terrifying' tornados of flame burn city; 2 dead in Carr Fire
By Associated Press
Posted: 8:59 PM, July 27, 2018
Updated: 8:59 PM, July 27, 2018

REDDING, Calif. - A wildfire that roared with little warning into a Northern California city claimed two lives as thousands of people scrambled to escape before the walls of flames descended from forested hills onto their neighborhoods, officials said Friday.

Flames from the Carr Fire burn through the trees along Highway 299. A Redding firefighter and a bulldozer operator were killed battling the fast-moving blaze, which has burned more than 44,000 acres and destroyed dozens of homes.

Residents who gathered their belongings in haste described a chaotic and congested getaway as the embers blew up to a mile ahead of flames and the fire leaped across the wide Sacramento River and torched subdivisions in Redding, a city of 92,000 about 100 miles south of the Oregon border.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/12-photos-from-the-latest-california-wildfire-that-you-wont-even-believe-are-real

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Heartbreaking devastation.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
My brother-in-law has lived in Reno for over 40 years. Looks westward to the Sierra Nevada Mtn.

He states he has never seen anything like the massive clouds of smoke, coming over the mountains from Calif.

Thousands of firefighters. See the movie "Only the Brave" about the 19 firefighters that died at the Yarnell AZ fire.

BTW firefighters respond from other areas, maybe YOUR area. Cooperative. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yes, it is.  Horrible.

Offline aligncare

I started my first chiropractic office in Redding, CA. Lived in a beautiful log home on a hilltop in Old Shasta, between Redding and Whiskeytown Lake.

Some years I had to keep a 24-hour watch as fires crept unnervingly close to Whiskeytown and the ridge between my house and the lake.

Sad to see it go up in flames.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I started my first chiropractic office in Redding, CA. Lived in a beautiful log home on a hilltop in Old Shasta, between Redding and Whiskeytown Lake.

Some years I had to keep a 24-hour watch as fires crept unnervingly close to Whiskeytown and the ridge between my house and the lake.

Sad to see it go up in flames.
Wow. That is some story. S saving grace,, is that fire is part off the natural cycle. Most critters escape, and vegetation starts growing within days.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln