Author Topic: North Korea Returns 55 Sets Of U.S. Soldiers’ Remains  (Read 2060 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: North Korea Returns 55 Sets Of U.S. Soldiers’ Remains
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2018, 05:15:36 pm »
Correct, it was a UN multi nation action and the remains haven't been identified yet as officially belonging to any country. For all we know, Kim dug up one of his own cemeteries. Once identified, they'll be returned to the respective nations following remains protocols, then likely under the correct nations flag.

:patriot:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Kudos to DJT for pulling this off.

Agreed.  Cheers to President Trump.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2018, 12:21:21 am »
Good job, Mr. President.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2018, 01:21:28 am »
Not yet.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2018, 01:42:58 am »
11 Presidents have tried to get the remains back, yes, we will need some verification if possible.

That would mean,

Eisenhower
Kennedy
Johnson
Nixon
Ford
Carter
Reagan
Bush
Clinton
Bush
Obama

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2018, 01:53:42 am »
Some veterans have gotten very emotional over this. Shame on you who bring up these negatives.... really.

Offline Suppressed

Or worse....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5852503/Remains-RAF-hero-shot-North-Korea-2011-turns-animal-bones.html

Yup.

Multiple Administration's have been fooled like that.  Fortunately,  this Administration wouldn't be so foolish as to give concessions like canceling joint exercises, until after confirmation that these remains are legit!

Uh, right?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Applewood

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2018, 05:17:54 am »
Some veterans have gotten very emotional over this. Shame on you who bring up these negatives.... really.

All I'm saying is that it's premature to celebrate when we don't know what's really in those boxes.  As has been pointed out. NK has  in the past tried to pass off a number of substances as our soldiers' remains.  We have to remember that NK is our enemy and it's not wise to trust an enemy. 

Of course, once the contents of those boxes have been analyzed and if they are remains which can be positively identified as our soldiers -- then yes, I'll rejoice along with you and everyone else.  Trump will have indeed pulled off what past presidents could not have done and yes, he should be congratulated.  But I'm withholding my applause till the end. 

« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 07:45:34 am by Applewood »

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2018, 03:51:04 pm »
Shame on you who bring up these negatives....

=========================================================

You're the last f'n person to shame anyone here numbnuts. 

Lying about other posters at the top of the list.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 03:52:06 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2018, 04:03:59 pm »
Trump will have indeed pulled off what past presidents could not have done

Not really.  During three administrations, they had returned hundreds of remains.  It's one of the things they did to generate false goodwill, while cheating on their commitments.

Between the 1990 and 2005, more than 400 caskets of remains found in North Korea were returned to the United States, and the bodies of some 330 Americans were accounted for, according to the DPAA.

Decades-old remains that North Korea has handed over in the past have not always been identifiable as U.S. troops.

https://www.businessinsider.com/r-recovery-of-us-troops-remains-in-north-korea-complicated-by-cash-politics-2018-7
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 04:07:16 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2018, 04:40:46 pm »

Not really.  During three administrations, they had returned hundreds of remains.  It's one of the things they did to generate false goodwill, while cheating on their commitments.

Between the 1990 and 2005, more than 400 caskets of remains found in North Korea were returned to the United States, and the bodies of some 330 Americans were accounted for, according to the DPAA.

Decades-old remains that North Korea has handed over in the past have not always been identifiable as U.S. troops.

https://www.businessinsider.com/r-recovery-of-us-troops-remains-in-north-korea-complicated-by-cash-politics-2018-7

You are correct. This is being spun as something new but it is a regular occurrence that has been going on for a few decades.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2018, 06:00:12 pm »

They've had teams "find" remains that were obviously planted (skills that had been cut open and glued back together, etc.).

Don't trust the Norks.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn