Author Topic: Oregon official leaves GOP over 'racism,' 'misogyny' of Trump administration  (Read 364 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/398847-oregon-gop-official-leaves-party-over-racism-misogyny-of-trump

An elected official in Oregon who has been a Republican for four decades announced that she is becoming a Democrat because of the Trump administration.

Lori Stegmann, who has served as Multnomah County commissioner since 2016, told The Oregonian in an interview that she has changed her political affiliation.

“ cannot condone the misogyny, the racism, and the unethical and immoral behavior of the current administration,” Stegmann said.

Stegmann, a small business owner and insurance agent, describes herself as a political moderate, according to The Oregonian. She said that the Democratic Party is a “big tent party.”

”I have not changed, but the Republican Party most certainly has,” she said.

more at link

#walkaway

Offline endicom

I suspect that she's always stood with the Democrats.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Who's she kidding? You may not like the GOP but if you can run over to the free stuff and identity politics of the Dems and be happy, you're a fraud.

She could have just as easily went Independent, but she destroyed her credibility flipping to the other sdide.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

I suspect that she's always stood with the Democrats.

Its should be obvious to everyone now that many representatives call themselves republicans because the only open seat available at election time was in a republican district.

About the only principled ideologues that exist in DC today are in the democrat party.