Author Topic: White House corrects official transcript to reflect Putin saying he wanted Trump to win  (Read 379 times)

Offline Suppressed

White House corrects official transcript to reflect Putin saying he wanted Trump to win
BY BRETT SAMUELS - 07/26/18 09:48 AM EDT

The White House on Thursday updated the official transcript of President Trump's press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin to include a previously omitted question about whether Putin wanted Trump to win the 2016 election.

Several reports noted in recent days that the official transcript did not include the first part of a question to Putin by Reuters reporter Jeff Mason, who asked if the Russian president wanted Trump to win. Instead, it only read: "And did you direct any of your officials to help him do that?"

Putin responded to the question by acknowledging he wanted Trump to win.

[...]

The White House told CNN on Wednesday that the mistake was not malicious, explaining that the audio level on Mason's microphone was not raised in time for the stenographer to capture the beginning of his question because a translator was still speaking.

[...]

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/398961-white-house-corrects-official-transcript-to-show-putin-saying-he
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

The White House told CNN on Wednesday that the mistake was not malicious, explaining that the audio level on Mason's microphone was not raised in time for the stenographer to capture the beginning of his question because a translator was still speaking.

Funny how that caused the VIDEO to be suspiciously edited!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Like most of the breathless reporting on the Trump administration, this supposed Helsinki scoop is not as scandalous as it’s made out to be. As it turns out, this story is no more complicated than a technical error, according to the Washington Post’s Philip Bump, who noted his paper’s transcript of the press conference also excluded references to the Reuters question.

“[Our transcript] came from Bloomberg Government and ours, too, excluded the first part of the reporters question in which he begins, ‘President Putin, did you want President Trump to win the election,'" he writes. “If you watch the videos, it’s pretty clear. At some point in the middle of that question, there’s a switch between the feed from the reporters and the feed from the translator. In the White House version of the video, you can hear the question being asked very faintly under the woman who is translating saying ‘president.’”

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.