Author Topic: Jim Jordan wants to radically change the power structure in the House  (Read 670 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Jim Jordan wants to radically change the power structure in the House
Conservative Review, Jul 27, 2018, Chris Pandolfo

A day after announcing he will run for speaker of the House of Representatives after the November election, Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio., was interviewed on “Fox & Friends” to discuss his candidacy for leadership.

Jordan highlighted many of the successes of the Trump administration, including tax cuts and regulatory reform, but pointed to many of Congress’ failures as evidence that a change in leadership is needed.

“Repeal Obamacare, reform welfare, build the border security wall, fix our immigration system, and control spending — we haven’t done that,” Jordan said.

“I think this is real simple,” he added. “We make the job of being a member of Congress way too difficult. It’s really basic. What did you tell the voters you were going to do? Let’s do that.”

More with video:  https://www.conservativereview.com/news/jim-jordan-wants-to-radically-change-the-power-structure-in-the-house/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sounds good so far.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Sounds good so far.

I am definitely on his side.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online libertybele

Gee ... aren't these the same things that were promised a couple of election cycles ago, and the GOP proclaimed that the DEMS were obstructionist?  Let's see ... Paul Ryan took over leadership of the House ... made one heck of a speech after Trump's inauguration and here we sit.  Now Ryan is checking out. 

Somehow I just don't see these same idiots allowing Jordan as speaker and secondly, I'm not at all optimistic that we are going to retain our majority.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

Gee ... aren't these the same things that were promised a couple of election cycles ago, and the GOP proclaimed that the DEMS were obstructionist?  Let's see ... Paul Ryan took over leadership of the House ... made one heck of a speech after Trump's inauguration and here we sit.  Now Ryan is checking out. 

Somehow I just don't see these same idiots allowing Jordan as speaker and secondly, I'm not at all optimistic that we are going to retain our majority.

The only reason I see them retaining the majority is Trump's ability to manipulate the media and the Rats. Trump is talking about shutting the govt before the election to get immigration reform and border wall funding. The Rats and media will go nuts and will believe the issue will favor them, but the majority of the country does want the border wall and immigration reform.

The Pubs don't deserve to retain the majority after proving they can't do what they promised. If they do retain the majority a man like Jordan will never be speaker. The Pubs want the guy that the big corporate donors like.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
More power to him if he gets elected, but the real problem has been in the Senate.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The Pubs want the guy that the big corporate donors like.

Funny you should mention that.

“What I regret are some of the ones we have supported,” Koch said of candidate picks. “We’re going to be much stricter… We’re going to more directly deal with that and hold people responsible for their commitments.”

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,326484.0.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline bilo

Funny you should mention that.

“What I regret are some of the ones we have supported,” Koch said of candidate picks. “We’re going to be much stricter… We’re going to more directly deal with that and hold people responsible for their commitments.”

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,326484.0.html

I am so sick of successful businessmen selling out the country for cheap labor. If there's a labor shortage after welfare is reformed and the borders are secured we can expand lawful immigration.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline kevindavis007

I am so sick of successful businessmen selling out the country for cheap labor. If there's a labor shortage after welfare is reformed and the borders are secured we can expand lawful immigration.

So you hate Captialism??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

So you hate Captialism??

So you think Capitalism should resort to illegality?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien