Author Topic: Liberals and Never-Trumpers Really Want Us to Care  (Read 3681 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Liberals and Never-Trumpers Really Want Us to Care
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2018, 05:53:45 pm »
This thread is fascinating.  My first clue that people don't really have the money they want us to believe they have, is that they brag about the money they want to believe they have.  Course, I don't care if someone has money or not; shitty people are shitty people regardless of their wealth.  That stuff just really makes me laugh.  I hate vacationing in summer too, and I sure as bleep ain't going up to Yankeeville for vacay.

Silver Pines

« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2018, 09:36:45 pm »
This thread is fascinating.  My first clue that people don't really have the money they want us to believe they have, is that they brag about the money they want to believe they have.  Course, I don't care if someone has money or not; shitty people are shitty people regardless of their wealth.  That stuff just really makes me laugh.  I hate vacationing in summer too, and I sure as bleep ain't going up to Yankeeville for vacay.

@RoosGirl

I was a jerk in my response to that, I admit it.  But one of my top pet peeves is pretentiousness, and people who expect you to be impressed with their circumstances.

"The Vineyard" for me would be a sentence, not a vacation.

What are the odds one of them is a Buffy?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2018, 10:36:56 pm »
What are the odds one of them is a Buffy?

Here's your Buffy - and on the Vineyard to boot.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2018, 11:08:36 pm »
Here's your Buffy - and on the Vineyard to boot.

@INVAR

Looks like he’s trying to catch up with the short bus.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2018, 11:17:52 pm »
Looks like he’s trying to catch up with the short bus.

On a girl's bicycle no less.

Your 'Buffy'. 

The Wookie is somewhere ahead of him on a men's bike if memory serves.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2018, 07:30:56 am »
@DCPatriot

I know you do.  I still feel for her, though.

I don’t. She knew who she was getting involved with when she was the “other woman.”

Wealthy people have different morals than common folk. I think she’s been a good First Lady, but she doesn’t appear to have any influence on him
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2018, 10:27:13 am »
@RoosGirl

I was a jerk in my response to that, I admit it. 

Yes, you were @CatherineofAragon   Everything I have and everything I have achieved have been through my efforts, earned through good, hard work.  But, it's my own fault ... I broke my own rule not to discuss anything personal.   

« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 10:37:52 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2018, 12:39:37 pm »
Yes, you were @CatherineofAragon   Everything I have and everything I have achieved have been through my efforts, earned through good, hard work.  But, it's my own fault ... I broke my own rule not to discuss anything personal.

What the Rochester? I thought we had a vacation from you til Tuesday?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Silver Pines

« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2018, 02:03:53 pm »
@XenaLee @Sanguine

You're welcome, sweeties.  Men folk off playing golf.  All meeting up a little later for drinks.

If you're tracking me ---  (which is a little disturbing, yet oddly flattering) ---  all I can say is I'm happy to share some time and add some sunshine to your world.

99balloon

@Right_in_Virginia

Lmao

You didn’t go for maximum effect.  You could have added, “Sitting here in my Lilly Pulitzer shift, legs nonchalantly crossed.  I hope the  peasant garment you’re wearing isn’t scratching your skin too badly, dear.”

Silver Pines

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2018, 02:05:30 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

You’re missing the point.  My post was boorish because it was just like yours.