Author Topic: House unanimously passes bill that addresses 13-year-old Kelo decision  (Read 728 times)

Offline endicom

American Thinker
Rick Moran
July 25, 2018

In 2004, the Supreme Court ruled, in the Kelo v. City of New London decision, that eminent domain could be used to seize private property from one owner and give it to another in the name of "economic development."  It remains one of the most controversial decisions the court has made this century.

Yesterday, Congress belatedly addressed the troubling issues raised by the decision by passing the Private Property Rights Protection Act.  As Ed Morrissey at Hot Air points out, no major media outlets covered this seminal issue regarding the rights of citizens to be secure in their property.

More... https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/07/house_unanimously_passes_bill_that_addresses_13_year_old_kelo_decision.html

Offline endicom

Just to get this out of the way...But Trump!

Offline Night Hides Not

Just to get this out of the way...But Trump!

Trump’s a big fan of Kelo, but you knew that.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Frank Cannon

Congress is actually doing something? Is it a full moon?

Offline skeeter

In this instance the president and media probably share an opinion of Kelo. Not knowing how to politically frame the issue for maximum effect the media simply ignore it.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
In this instance the president and media probably share an opinion of Kelo. Not knowing how to politically frame the issue for maximum effect the media simply ignore it.

They bigger fish to fry and report on.  Like what news channel is on when Mrs. Trump flys. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Trump’s a big fan of Kelo, but you knew that.

We should be glad of that, because if he said he wanted Kelo overturned everybody would have fought it, just to go against Trump.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GrouchoTex

Kelo was the decision that prompted me join TOS.

Offline endicom

Kelo was the decision that prompted me join TOS.

9/11 did that for me. Best coverage of what was going on that I could find. Then I saw how big and diverse was the membership and that there was much more than just the usual venting.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
So, will Trump sign it?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So, will Trump sign it?

If that vote margin count carries into the Senate, it won't matter.  My guess is he will if it's likely a Veto would get overridden.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: