Author Topic: Devin Nunes: Suspicious about John Brennan Russia warnings from the start  (Read 381 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Devin Nunes: Suspicious about John Brennan Russia warnings from the start
by David M. Drucker
 | July 25, 2018 04:15 PM

Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., said that he was suspicious beginning in the late summer of 2016, almost from the moment President Barack Obama’s CIA director, John Brennan, briefed him on Russian interference in the hotly contested presidential campaign between now-President Trump and Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

The California Republican, chairman of the House Select Committee on Intelligence, had begged the Obama administration for years, he said, to address Russia’s illicit activities around the globe, but was instead stiff-armed. So when Brennan started making the rounds on Capitol Hill with warnings of Moscow’s interference in the heat of the political season, alarm bells starting ringing — not because he doubted Russian President Vladimir Putin was meddling, but because he wondered why now.

“It wasn’t believable then, their sudden interest in this issue that they had ignored for so many years,” Nunes said in an expansive conversation with “Behind Closed Doors,” a Washington Examiner podcast. “When Brennan first came to brief me … there was really nothing new in that briefing and, in fact, it was really light on details.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/devin-nunes-suspicious-about-john-brennan-russia-warnings-from-the-start
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
He's not the only one!  Count me in the group.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien