Author Topic: Obama’s back, and he’s more like Trump than you might think By Andrew Malcolm  (Read 295 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama’s back, and he’s more like Trump than you might think

By Andrew Malcolm

Special to McClatchy

July 24, 2018 04:30 AM

Ex-President Barack Obama emerged from his wealthy isolation the other day to provide South Africa with his colorized view of the world and to discuss the dangers of populism in some unidentified countries..

We’ll have to wait more months for the bound wisdom of his memoirs that helped make him so wealthy. But Obama’s leennggtthhy speech to an adoring crowd in a chilly soccer stadium marking Nelson Mandela’s centennial gives those who care a peek into the evolution of America’s newest elder statesman.

After finishing eight years as president and nearly two now paying for his own housing, Obama is still not yet 57, only a year older than his predecessor when he started his two terms.

So, Obama can’t really be called an elder. But not really qualifying by age or experience has never bothered him before. Why should it now?

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/syndicated-columnists/article215406135.html#storylink=cpy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I will never consider this SOB an "Elder Statesmen'

He will always be the punk POTUS in my book.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
On Monday, July 16, 2018, former White House occupant Barack Hussein Obama was in rural Kogelo Village, Kenya to participate in the official opening of a youth education and sports foundation launched by his half-sister, Dr. Auma Obama.

During remarks made to a sizable gathering of guests at the Jomo Kenyatta grounds in Kisumu, Kogelo last Monday, Barack Obama told a story of how for the first time, at the age of 27, he rode a train through the primitive Kenyan countryside to arrive at the home of his step-grandmother, Sarah Obama, known colloquially as “Mama Sarah.”

“It’s a joy to be back…” Obama said at the opening of his speech, wherein he went on to describe his initial trip during which he said he wanted “to better understand the life of my father and the life of his people.”

At 5:46, said, “Three years ago, I visited Kenya as the first sitting American president to come from Kenya,” again to enthusiastic applause.  “…Today I’m really coming as a brother, as a citizen of the world, as someone with a connection to Africa to talk about the importance of what she’s doing, but also to create a larger context for what’s possible.”

The broadcast was made available by citizentv.co.ke and has garnered more than a quarter-million views as of this writing.

More: The Post&Email
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 02:18:56 pm by Elderberry »

Offline skeeter

In that sense, despite their 15-year age difference, Obama and Donald Trump are really quite similar.

If it weren't for Trump undoing nearly every single thing Obama did as president they'd be identical.