Author Topic: Mattis: Military teams could be sent into North Korea to search for missing American remains  (Read 647 times)

rangerrebew

Mattis: Military teams could be sent into North Korea to search for missing American remains

Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis speaks to reporters at the Pentagon, Friday, July 27, 2018.

By COREY DICKSTEIN | STARS AND STRIPES Published: July 27, 2018

WASHINGTON – The Pentagon could send military teams into North Korea to search for the remains of thousands of missing Americans who fought during the Korean War if relations between the North and the United States continue to improve, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said Friday.

Restarting a long-stalled program that sent American military personnel into North Korea to search for remains of U.S. war dead and former prisoners of war is under consideration, Mattis told reporters at the Pentagon. Joint U.S.-North Korean military searches for American remains were suspended in 2005 by former President George W. Bush as tensions increased between the nations over North Korean nuclear activity.

https://www.stripes.com/news/mattis-military-teams-could-be-sent-into-north-korea-to-search-for-missing-american-remains-1.539825
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 12:09:24 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Suppressed

In the past, the Nork's have spread bones out for us to find.  And then we pay to get them.  I hope Mattis doesn't fall for this whole game like it seems is happening.

Also, we should be demanding hard info on the POWs, not just remains.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'd rather they be searchin' for nuclear weapons facilities...