Author Topic: Gowdy: Trump advisers should consider quitting over Russia  (Read 402 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gowdy: Trump advisers should consider quitting over Russia
« on: July 23, 2018, 02:12:47 pm »

The South Carolina Republican chastised Trump for inviting Putin to Washington this fall.

By ELI OKUN

07/22/2018 09:48 AM EDT

Updated 07/22/2018 01:16 PM EDT

House Oversight Chairman Trey Gowdy chastised Donald Trump for inviting Russian President Vladimir Putin to Washington, saying Sunday that some members of the president's administration should consider quitting if Trump won't listen to their advice.

“The fact that we have to talk to you about Syria or other matters is very different from issuing an invitation,” Gowdy said on “Fox News Sunday” of the Putin invitation, which the White House confirmed last week would be extended for the fall. “Those should be reserved for, I think, our allies.”

The South Carolina Republican suggested that some members of the administration may need to consider leaving if Trump continues to disregard their advice to stand firm against Russia.

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/22/gowdy-trump-putin-russia-735558
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Re: Gowdy: Trump advisers should consider quitting over Russia
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 02:36:33 pm »

How can now be different from the past when we hosted either Putin or some Soviet leader? I just can't like this Gowdy Doody for more than a few days.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 02:59:07 pm »
The investigation still seems largely bogus to me. I respect Gowdy and I don't know how bad this interference, hacking from Russia was but it still seems pretty shallow. I think last week, Gowdy was saying don't call it a "witch hunt" as well.

All of that said, I would trust the words of Coats, Pompeo, Nikki and whomever else he mentioned in this matter to advise the president.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 04:32:34 pm »
How can now be different from the past when we hosted either Putin or some Soviet leader? I just can't like this Gowdy Doody for more than a few days.

Trey Gowdy can be great.  But the next days, he becomes a doofus.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 05:58:10 pm »
To be fair to Gowdy per the story, the issue is not Putin, the issue was however this goes about not believing the words of US Intel that the Russians were involved in hacking the US.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 06:32:45 pm »

The South Carolina Republican chastised Trump for inviting Putin to Washington this fall.

By ELI OKUN

07/22/2018 09:48 AM EDT

Updated 07/22/2018 01:16 PM EDT

House Oversight Chairman Trey Gowdy chastised Donald Trump for inviting Russian President Vladimir Putin to Washington, saying Sunday that some members of the president's administration should consider quitting if Trump won't listen to their advice.

@mystery-ak

Gowdy is good most of the time,but he is too in love with the sound of his own voice for his own good.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline WilliamVA

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 06:40:40 pm »
It's more likely in the past month or so, Mr. Gowdy has found out there will be no astounding
position for him in the Trump government, after this congress adjourns at the end of December.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 08:31:30 pm »
Gowdy's in over his head. He needs to be prosecuting fentanyl and heroin dealers.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com