Author Topic: On Selective Application of Common Sense Insights about Crime and Criminals, where Aliens Are Concer  (Read 196 times)

rangerrebew

On Selective Application of Common Sense Insights about Crime and Criminals, where Aliens Are Concerned

By Dan Cadman on July 19, 2018

On July 17, the Fox News "Special Report" program aired an interesting piece about use of facial recognition software by police agencies — specifically, in this instance, Amazon's Rekognition program.

Let me say up front that I have no problem whatever with taking advantage of such software for law enforcement purposes, provided that it is done with appropriate safeguards, and solely as a tool to be used in combination with other evidence to identify, arrest, and prosecute suspects (although I do find use of the letter "k" in the name Amazon's propriety program to be a little creepy — apparently someone is a bit tone deaf in this otherwise progressive-leaning corporate behemoth).

https://cis.org/Cadman/Selective-Application-Common-Sense-Insights-about-Crime-and-Criminals-where-Aliens-Are
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 02:35:16 pm by rangerrebew »