Author Topic: Nine people shot, shooter dead after gunfire in Toronto: police  (Read 2109 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: Nine people shot, shooter dead after gunfire in Toronto: police
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2018, 01:26:47 pm »

Quote from: Free Vulcan on July 24, 2018, 05:47:03 am
Interesting tweet:
I saw somewhere (Facebook or Twitter, I mean) last night a photo purporting to be of this guy training in the Middle East. Will try to find it.

Edit to add, this is what I was talking about: https://www.facebook.com/IIIOECommunity/videos/254122181854997/
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 01:35:46 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2018, 01:45:53 pm »
Laura Loomer  @LauraLoomer

BREAKING: According to @joe_warmington, the #Toronto terrorist was known to authorities for his suspicious online activity before he shot 14 people. Faisal Hussain had also spent some time living in Afghanistan and Pakistan. #Jihad #TerrorInToronto
Here's the story she references from Toronto Sun:
WARMINGTON: Was Danforth attack terror, or terrorism?
Joe Warmington
Published:July 24, 2018

It was terror on the Danforth no question.

But was it terrorism?

In the hours following the evil carnage that took the lives of two girls, just 10 and 18 and wounded 14 others in a merciless flurry of gunfire along the restaurant-lined streets of Greektown, a complicated picture is emerging of 29-year-old Faisal Hussain, who also died after exchanging gunfire with police. ...

Files being reviewed by police include concern Hussain expressed “support” for a website that was seen as “pro-ISIL,” says a law enforcement source.

Sources say police in Toronto and CSIS officials in Ottawa, as well as the RCMP, are looking into his past, which sources say include his residence in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Hussain apparently had been spoken to by authorities about his online activities. Sources say Toronto Police, the OPP and the RCMP have all had an interest in the now-deceased shooter. ...
Rest of story

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2018, 10:56:34 pm »

Wired Sources  @WiredSources
5m5 minutes ago

BREAKING: Investigators say suspected Toronto gunman Faisal Hussain may have visited ISIS websites, expressed support for terrorist groups

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2018, 12:05:44 am »
It just gets worse. I don't know whether government authorities are still trying to pretend this wasn't a terrorist attack.
Toronto Sun:
The man who has presented himself as the point of contact for the family of Faisal Hussain is a professional activist who has reportedly committed himself to “framing a new narrative of Muslims in Canada” and creating a “national political movement.”

Shortly after the Ontario Special Investigations Unit revealed the identity of the Danforth shooter as 29-year-old Faisal Hussain, a news release was sent out to select media attributed to the “Hussain Family”.

The polished statement began with the family’s “deepest condolences to the families who are now suffering on account of our son’s horrific actions.” It then went on to explain that “our son had severe mental health challenges, struggling with psychosis and depression his entire life.”  ...

It was provided by Mohammed Hashim, a full-time organizer for the Toronto & York Region Labour Council. Social media accounts belonging to Hashim show him heavily involved in supporting NDP candidates both federally and provincially in Ontario. He’s also described as a driving force behind the National Council of Canadian Muslims.  ...
Read story and see video here.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2018, 12:58:08 am »
Officials: no risk to national security in Toronto rampage

https://www.thestate.com/news/article215409755.html

TORONTO

Investigators said Tuesday there was no national security risk following the mass shooting that killed two people and wounded 13, as they continued to probe the life of the 29-year-old gunman for clues to what prompted the deadly rampage in a popular Toronto neighborhood.

<snip>

Investigators searched the low-income apartment that Hussain shared with his parents and siblings on Thorncliffe Park Drive in the eastern part of the city, and removed boxes of potential evidence overnight. An autopsy on Hussain was expected Tuesday.

Where Hussain got his handgun remains unknown.

Boxes of 'potential evidence'?

Let's ignore the obvious, here. Would one nutcase ("disturbed individual") generate boxes of evidence?
Where did he get the gun if he had been under treatment for behavioural problems?

Canada requires training (evident in the pics), personal risk assessment, references, spousal notification, and criminal background checks, all before a person can lawfully obtain a registered handgun.

Something here isn't being said, and a whole lot of it.
Is he Muslim of not? (Likely, going by the name, imho.)
Is that relevant in pursuing motive?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 12:58:42 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2018, 02:26:26 am »
Canada has a Moslum problem.

Anyone with a brain knows.. It will get worse.

This was just the beginning.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2018, 01:56:56 am »
Canada has a Moslum problem.

Anyone with a brain knows.. It will get worse.

This was just the beginning.

@The Ghost

I ain't happy about it and ain't happy to have to say it,but the truth is in the end we are going to have no choice but to get "medieval with them",and get as serious about killing them off as they are about killing us off.

We have no choice,and the sooner we do this the less people will suffer.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2018, 02:00:02 am »
@The Ghost

I ain't happy about it and ain't happy to have to say it,but the truth is in the end we are going to have no choice but to get "medieval with them",and get as serious about killing them off as they are about killing us off.

We have no choice,and the sooner we do this the less people will suffer.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2018, 02:12:36 am »

@mystery-ak

Yup,those guys weren't all that warm and fuzzy,but they knew what to do with Muslims.

WHY are we having to relearn that lesson?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2018, 03:08:28 am »
Social media accounts belonging to Hashim show him heavily involved in supporting NDP candidates . . .

Okay, that convinces me...he's mentally ill!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn