Author Topic: WATCH: Marcus Luttrell has incredible response to teen who destroyed memorial for slain Navy SEAL  (Read 1215 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt, Lutrell was saved by Murphy, the one the memorial is for:

WATCH: Marcus Luttrell has incredible response to teen who destroyed memorial for slain Navy SEAL
Chris Enloe Weekend Editor

A Long Island teenager was arrested last week after police say he vandalized a memorial for slain Navy SEAL Lt. Michael Murphy, a Medal of Honor recipient.

What did Luttrell say?

“But then I heard it was a 14-year-old boy, and um, I made a lot of mistakes when I was 14. I think we all did. Sometimes when we’re coming into our own, becoming a man, you’re confused,” he added. “It’s tough.”

Luttrell went on to explain how he believes the situation should be handled. First, he suggested the reward money be used to rebuild the memorial. Then, he said he would love the opportunity to show the boy what type of man Murphy was.

! No longer available

Read more at: https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/07/22/watch-marcus-luttrell-has-incredible-response-to-teen-who-destroyed-memorial-for-slain-navy-seal

Related: https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/07/21/teenager-arrested-for-allegedly-vandalizing-new-york-memorial-of-slain-navy-seal

Good articles by the blaze, too bad that website always makes my computer real busy.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Luttrell is a good guy.

Offline TomSea

Luttrell is a good guy.

Did you read the article @Sangria? A man actually died to help save Luttrelll. Don't you think he's worth mentioning too?

2000 years ago, someone died for all of us. I hope you keep this in mind.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Did you read the article @Sangria? A man actually died to help save Luttrelll. Don't you think he's worth mentioning too?

Good morning,  Tom, and what the hell are you babbling about?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Luttrell is a good guy.

@Sanguine

Yeah,he is,but what is he going to do if the teen has an Arabic name like Akbar 20 Mule Team Boraxo,or something similar?

There ain't no fixing stoopid.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Y'all making my head spin with the non-sequiturs.

Offline goodwithagun

Damn. Luttrell is one top notch human being. I will admit that the idea of what this kid did sent my blood pressure into short rope tall tree mode; however, Luttrell brought me back to the real world. Thank God I lived to tell the tales of the stupid shit I did at this age. Granted, I wouldn’t have done this. The fact that he wants to literally teach this moldable child what real human beings are capable of is just nothing sort of amazing. God bless Marcus Luttrell. He’s a real man.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

@TomSea Are you drinking? Please follow these instructions:

1. If yes, stop.

2. If no, start.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 01:11:03 am by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline TomSea

Lieutenant Michael Murphy, that's what I said. His actions saved Luttrell, as usual, I carry no shame, totally forgotten in the post I cited. So, who cares about the petty little slights that now come about?

Offline goodwithagun

Lieutenant Michael Murphy, that's what I said. His actions saved Luttrell, as usual, I carry no shame, totally forgotten in the post I cited. So, who cares about the petty little slights that now come about?

The fact that the man whom he saved is handling this better than you says something.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline TomSea

I'm not mentioning one person because he's from my homestate and calling him a good guy while I ignore someone who made the guy, Marcus, alive today through his actions and who gave his life for his fellow man. Thanks Tim Murphy. Yep, there is a savior parallel there.

It's best to avoid caustic or hostile attitudes and that dang sure, is what I'm going to do!  I hope we can try to get along with people instead of antagonizing others.

Sorry, you have a problem with what I said @goodwithagun

And I'm not going to be confrontational with some people, just state my view. I would appreciate no insults.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 01:39:56 am by TomSea »

Offline goodwithagun

I'm not mentioning one person because he's from my homestate and calling him a good guy while I ignore someone who made the guy, Marcus, alive today through his actions and who gave his life for his fellow man. Thanks Tim Murphy. Yep, there is a savior parallel there.

It's best to avoid caustic or hostile attitudes and that dang sure, is what I'm going to do!  I hope we can try to get along with people instead of antagonizing others.

Sorry, you have a problem with what I said @goodwithagun

And I'm not going to be confrontational with some people, just state my view. I would appreciate no insults.

Don’t claim you’re not confrontational and then confront somebody.
I stand with Roosgirl.

rangerrebew

I know it is hard to avoid a response to a slight.  But the slight would not be necessary, or a response needed, if we stayed focused on the subject and not the person whose response we don't like.  My advice is easier said than done as I am the type who wants to go after someone who attacks me personally.  So my suggestion is as much reinforcement for myself as advice for others.