Author Topic: Researchers successfully isolate two molecular forms of water  (Read 650 times)

rangerrebew

Researchers successfully isolate two molecular forms of water

July 20, 2018

Water molecules are ubiquitous, vital, and may have the world’s most well-known chemical formula (H₂O). The properties of water are quite unique; its solid state is less dense than its liquid state, raising pressure lowers its melting point, and it exists as a liquid at room temperature despite low molecular mass. Even more unique is the water molecule’s ability to exist as two distinct nuclear configurations called spin isomers.

The two spin isomers of water molecules differ based on the direction of the nuclear spin of the two hydrogen nuclei. If the two hydrogen nuclei have parallel spins, the molecule is known as ortho-water. If the two hydrogen nuclei have opposite spins, the molecule is known as para-water. Water at room temperature always contains a mix of these two spin isomers and, until recently, it has been nearly impossible to study them separately.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20180720/Researchers-successfully-isolate-two-molecular-forms-of-water.aspx

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Researchers successfully isolate two molecular forms of water
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 02:19:50 pm »
Who woulda thunk.

I used to have a co-worker that would spout about how her bottled water contained a denser, healthier form of water.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 06:28:47 pm »
Who woulda thunk.

I used to have a co-worker that would spout about how her bottled water contained a denser, healthier form of water.

Because Deuterium and Tritium are so good for you?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 06:30:39 pm »
Messing with Dihydrogen Monoxide?

This will not end well.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 09:13:37 pm »
So which one makes Ice 9?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 09:38:51 pm »
My guess would be the para-water.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: